Jive jive_messenger_2_0_1 -> Launch Admin->Page cannnot diaplyed

Hi,

I just setup Jive messenger on my Win2k box. First it was running fine… Then restarted my machine…hen I tried to start by clicking "Launch Admin " button, the pop-window displays “The page cannot be displayed” …I am not not to see Admin console…Then i tried the start Jive Messenger thro DOS console by “java -jar startup.jar” under lib folder…It throws the msg as follows,

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/jivesoftware/messenger/starte

r/ServerStarter (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

If anybody have solution, pls let me know …Thanks in Adavnce…

It sounds like you’'re using the wrong JDK version to run the application. Is JDK 1.5 installed on your machine and set as the default JVM?

When you launch using the launcher – is there anything in the error logs?

Regards,

Matt

Thanks…I am using JDK version 1.4… This may be the problem…but i havn’'t seen any prerequites in installation guide…

After starting Jive server I am hitting “Launch Admin” Button…

Regards,

Jeyakumar M

JDK 1.5 is required, as outlined int the installation guide:

In order to install Jive Messenger, you’'ll need a server environment that meets the following requirements:

• JDK 1.5 or later. You can check your java version by typing “java -version” at the command line. See http://java.sun.com for Java on your platform or download a Jive Messenger installer with bundled JVM for your operating system.

• A supported database with a robust JDBC 2.0 compliant driver. Supported databases and recommended JDBC drivers are detailed in the database documentation below. Alternatively, you can use the embedded database.

Regards,

Matt