Jive Messenger 1.1 Release

I have tried Jive Messenger 1.0.8 and have found the lack of User store integration a problem for me. I have read in the forums that version 1.1 will provide capabilities for User store integration.

Without this feature I don’'t think I can use Jive Messanger so are there any rough release dates for Jive Messenger 1.1?

Does Jive Messenger 1.0.8 work on your server?

my client does not connect Jive Messenger 1.0.8.

Anything new with this? It’'s been nearly two months since someone from Jive has posted anything in this forum.

ryan,

I apologize for the long delay, and we know it’‘s been a frustrating wait. All of our XMPP developer resources are being spent on Jive Live Assistant. This includes working on the server component of that product, which is Jive Messenger with a few plugins. So, many Messenger bugs are getting fixed and new features are being added. But, because Live Assistant is in Beta we haven’‘t had the resources to make a general Messenger release yet. We’'re working hard on getting it done soon and to get Jive Live Assistant finished as well.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for feedback. In the absence of an actual product it’'s always nice to have an occasional status report.

Thanks again,

Ryan

Jive Messenger 1.1 Beta has been released. Please see thread http://www.jivesoftware.com/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=13015&tstart=0