Jive Messenger 2.1.5 - Failure to create a chat room

I’'m currently running Jive Messenger 2.1.5, and eXodus 0.9.1.0 for out Jabber client.

I’'ve configured the server to allow anyone to create a chat room. The first time we used a chat room, it worked ok. Now, nobody can create a room.

If I create a room, and try to change the topic I get an error stating: “ERROR: Your message to the room bounced.” . The same thing happens if I just try to type a message to the chat room. If I go to the server & look at the chat rooms available, the room I’'ve created is not listed. When I create a chat room, I did check the box saying to take the server defaults for room creation.

I am planning on upgrading to 2.2.0 when it is released.

Anything I should check in the meantime? Thanks!

Oh, one other thing… I could not get the database created via the script. So I created the database by cutting & pasting each creation line into MSSQL manager. I don’'t know if maybe I missed a table or not.

Hey Pixel,

Sorry for the late reply. Are you still having this issue? Could you check for errors in the error.log? I guess that there is a DB issue.

Regards,

– Gato

hi,

I have a similar problem here. I’‘m using Exodus as client and what happens is that ‘‘almost’’ always after a client creates a room it receives bouncing error. Eventually, hours later client gets a message that the room is opened and available for chat. Could it be a server-response-time problem? I can’’ t be sured but this could most likely happen when there are many clients connected at the same time. Could it be that?

I use Mysql as DB with no problem during installation phase.

Natata,

What version of Jive Messenger are you using? Also, how many clients are connected and are you seeing any errors in the logs?

Regards,

Matt

Hi,

I’'ve just updated the server from 2.2.0 beta to 2.2.0.

Now I currently have only two clients connected.

the one that is remotely connected to the server has problems to create rooms. the one that is install in the same machine as the server can create rooms with no problem.

From the audit logs I extract the information related when the remote client is trying to create a room and when it tries to write a message and getting ERROR: Your message to the room bounced.

I did receive and invitation but If a browse for new rooms I don’'t see the new room.

Also I can’'t see the new room using the admin console

I also found these errors in the error.log, but those are before client created the new room:

2005.08.17 09:01:17 [org.jivesoftware.messenger.vcard.DefaultVCardProvider.loadVCard(DefaultVCardPr ovider.java:63)

]

java.sql.SQLException: Unknown column ‘‘value’’ in ‘‘field list’’

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1997)

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1167)

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1278)

at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2251)

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:1586)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.vcard.DefaultVCardProvider.loadVCard(DefaultVCardPro vider.java:56)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.vcard.VCardManager.getOrLoadVCard(VCardManager.java: 180)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.vcard.VCardManager.getVCard(VCardManager.java:173)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQvCardHandler.handleIQ(IQvCardHandler.java: 106)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:213)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:65)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:258)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader. java:43)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:230)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:111)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2005.08.17 09:01:18 [org.jivesoftware.messenger.vcard.DefaultVCardProvider.loadVCard(DefaultVCardPr ovider.java:63)

]

java.sql.SQLException: Unknown column ‘‘value’’ in ‘‘field list’’

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1997)

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1167)

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1278)

at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2251)

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:1586)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.vcard.DefaultVCardProvider.loadVCard(DefaultVCardPro vider.java:56)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.vcard.VCardManager.getOrLoadVCard(VCardManager.java: 180)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.vcard.VCardManager.getVCard(VCardManager.java:173)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQvCardHandler.handleIQ(IQvCardHandler.java: 106)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:213)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:65)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:258)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader. java:43)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:230)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:111)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

any ideas?

For the vcard issue, please see:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=101931&#101931

There are some strange things in those packets. In particular, the JID “Valencia@”. The server portion of the JID is missing – any idea why?

-Matt

Right… in the valencia@ trial the client forgot to choose a server…we did another trial (españa) and now with a server chosen we got same problems but 15 minutes later we got the room unlocked…

can you see where the problem is?