Jive Messenger 2.3.1 and PSI client

Hi

I have installed Jive Messenger (on MySQL) and run through all of the configuration pages.

I then attempted to connect to Messenger using the PSI client. I have had it working with an older version of Messenger with no problem. However when I attempt to connect now, (either attempting to make a new account, or connect to an account that I created via the admin interface PSI just sits there forever attempting to connect.

Nothing in the logs of Messenger, no error from PSI.

The jabber ID in PSI is in the format: username@host (the only format allowed)

The username in Jive Messenger however is in the format: username (the only format allowed).

I have checked and re-checked the settings of both server and client (ip, port etc) with no luck.

My next though is to try another client. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Langdon

I have Jive Messenger 2.3.1 running on Fedore Core4[/b] and I am using PSI v 0.9.3[/b] client on Fedora Core 3[/b]. On the client machine I do have the qca-tls[/b] package installed to provide SSL support to psi. With this mix, I have everything working. On the “Account Propertries”->Connection tab I have selected “Use SSL” and “Keep Alives”.

Could you see what happens if you telnet to your server from the same machine as you’'re trying to use Psi from?

telnet 5222

Hi Cliff

Telnet to the server from my WinXP work station (where PSI is running) results in a connection to the server. It doesn’'t respond to key strokes or send anything back to the telnet window, which I assume is expected.

After a while the connection times out and is closed by the server.

Regards,

Langdon

Hi Rusty

Thanks for the feedback. Your setup is very similar to mine, except for the SSL. I am using the same version of Psi as you.

Can you give me examples of what values you use in the account in Psi and Messenger?

Regards,

Langdon

Hi

I have just been trawling through the PSI documentation and have realised what my mistake was. In PSI I had created the account with the JabberID of of my Messenger server. Once I realised that and changed it, everything worked fine.

Thanks to those who provided feedback. You got me thinking about the problem which lead to a solution.

Regards,

Langdon