JiveSoftware.org problems with Notifies

So, this is a beta version of Jive Forums here? I dont want to go to JS.com forums (too many forums already to watch ) so i’'ll post here. I have noticed that i dont get notifies about posts made by developers. So, we can test here. Some one could do a ping-pong here, and then some of developers. See if i get both notifies this time.

Heh- Ive noticed notifications are not always consistant too

Yep. But it started couple of days ago. Ok, thank’‘s for you reply, i’'ve got a notify. Now, will wait for developers

ping.

Hey Fellas,

We know about the problem and we’'re working on a fix. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Cheers,

–Bill

Oh, a little more info. FYI, it looks like this is a problem only with user watches. So, if you watch a forum, category or an individual thread then it’'ll be ok. The problem is if you watch all posts by a specific user.

Anyway, we’'re working on it.

Thanks,

–Bill

Gato, sorry, but no pong

Bill, i’‘m not watching any user. Mostly this is automatic watches after i comment some thread, or my own threads. BTW, i’‘ve got notify only about your first reply here. And no notify about Gato’'s message.

Hi Oleg,

do you really get an email for every post? Sounds more like spam to me. I will post in the .com forum and ask how to disable the mailing completely, one email per week is useless.

LG

Hey LG,

Click on “Your control panel” and you will be able to configure the email notification frequency. You can also use the digest mode if you like.

Regards,

– Gato

Hi Gato,

well, I get a drop down with immediately, daily, every other day, weekly. There is no disable option available for me.

And I will post about the nice spell checker. It must never try to offer an alternative for the second word if it matches the name of the person one replies to. Same for the last word if it matches the authors name.

LG

Hi Oleg,

do you really get an email for every post? Sounds

more like spam to me. I will post in the .com forum

and ask how to disable the mailing completely, one

email per week is useless.

LG

Yep, an email for every post, but now it’'s broken. Well, it does looks like spam, but this doesnt bother me much

Disabling of notifies would be through Watches disabling. No and No, so you wount get any notifies unless you’'ll mark some thread as watched manually.

[/nobr]Hi Oleg,

I prefer using the Watches link to view the threads I watch. Too much IM and mails decrease the productivity and makes people sick. So I try to read mails two times a day and usually keep IM sessions short as long as I want to do something.

LG[nobr][/nobr]

Probably the part of beta testing, but now AIMs icons are missing in Legend. And i think there should be some icons for Away status too.

As about notifies, i’‘m still not getting any about replies made by Developers in my watches, and i’'m not watching any user.

Hi Oleg,

it seems that somebody did delete these icons (HTTP error 404 file not found), the one did a great job. We all know what AOL means (:

LG

Hey guys,

• New AOL icons are now up.

• User watches should now be fixed.

Let us know if you see any additional problems!

Thanks,

Matt

Yeah, we know

Though, now new AOL icons are representing it better, but they’‘re hard to distinguish. Especially for colorblinds, though i’‘m not the one. And what about Away status? I’'m seeing yellow icon, but there is none such in Legend

BTW, i’‘ve got a notify about Matt’‘s reply. Great. But i didnt about LG’‘s. That’'s strange