Jwchat and wildfire

I’'m trying to get jwchat to talk with my wildfire server.

so far i can use jwchat to connect to jwchat.org jabber server, so i know that jwchat and JabberHttpBind servlet are working correctly.

when i try to connect to the wildfire server on my own machine, i am able to create a new user and log in, however i get the message error 400, bad request. straight away

in the wildfire logs i get the following entries:

2006.03.21 12:53:35 User tried to authenticate with this server using an unknown receipient:

and

2006.03.21 12:53:35 Connect Socket[addr=/127.0.0.1,port=3338,localport=5222]

2006.03.21 12:53:35 Logging off lamsdev05/c4bd56c8 on org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection@119e583 socket: Socket[addr=/127.0.0.1,port=3338,localport=5222] session: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.ClientSession@166f9b9 status: 1 address: lamsdev05/c4bd56c8 id: c4bd56c8 presence:

anybody have any ideas about what i am doing wrong ?

any help much appreciated.

Silly question, but did you install the JabberHTTPBind servlet?

Here is a HOWTO JWChat + JabberHTTPBind

http://www.blochberger.de/en_jwchat_how_to.htm

Hi Anthony,

does your server has a name like jabber.mydomain? It seems that you did enter “127.0.0.1” as servername in the config.js and probably your server does not like it?

Maybe “unknown recipient” means something completely different.

LG

i extracted the war to a folder called JHB, then dropped the folder into my tomcat webapps folder.

i then droped the jwchat war into the tomcat webapps folder.

i was then able to connect to jwchat.org jabber server using jwchat

however no luck with the local wildfire server.

thankyou.

that was the problem. In the jwchat client, i was entering 127.0.0.1 as the server name. When i enter the windows computer name of my machine, everything works correctly.

Wildfire was configured such that the server name was using my windows computer name.

i think on our windows network we have a dns server to map windows names to real ip addresses.

thanks again, much appreciated.

Hi,

you don’‘t need the JHB.war if you are using jwchat.war - it includes JHB. So you did enter “127.0.0.1” and not the server name of your Wifi server, didn’'t you? Does it run if you enter the server name instead of the IP address?

LG

yes it worked when i used the server name.

Hi,

you don’'t need the JHB.war if you are using

jwchat.war - it includes JHB.

that seems to be correct. I checked the jwchat war and it contains the JHBServlet.

so it looks like i can get rid of JHB folder.

dev5

Could you please mark it2000’'s post “Answer” thus giving him points and letting other know that it is the answer. ? ( You have marked the thread as answered but you still can mark which post is the answer. When you do that, you are also giving points to the user who answer it.)

Regards,

wmhtet