Keep Records What time User's Log in and out

Hi ,

Is there any way that open fire can store records of who logs in and out and their times of which i can view on demand .

thanks vishy

The UserStatus plugin will store this information in the database, but does not present a UI to view it on demand.

HI Daryl ,

Thanks for your quick valuable response.Can you please provide me some more info where to download this file and how to set it up in order to store the required information.

Regards

Vishy

UserStatus plugin is here: GitHub - srt/userstatus: User Status Plugin for Openfire

If you have trouble building it, I can provide you a .jar file.

In the database, look at the userstatus and userstatushistory relations.

Thanks Daryl,

Can you please provide me with the jar file and point me to the right direction how to install it. i have managed to create the two tables as below thats all ive done so far.

CREATE TABLE userStatus (
username VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL,
resource VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL,
online TINYINT NOT NULL,
presence CHAR(15),
lastIpAddress CHAR(15) NOT NULL,
lastLoginDate CHAR(15) NOT NULL,
lastLogoffDate CHAR(15),
PRIMARY KEY pk_userStatus (username, resource)
);
CREATE TABLE userStatusHistory (
historyID BIGINT NOT NULL,
username VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL,
resource VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL,
lastIpAddress CHAR(15) NOT NULL,
lastLoginDate CHAR(15) NOT NULL,
lastLogoffDate CHAR(15) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY pk_userStatusHistory (historyID)
);

But this table does not exist (jiveVersion)…Should i create it .

INSERT INTO jiveVersion (name, version) VALUES (‘user-status’, 0);

Thanks for all your valuable help.

Vishy

The database tables are created by the plugin / Openfire on plugin install, so don’t create them yourself. They are created with the same database that openfire uses.
userstatus.jar (22816 Bytes)

Thanks Daryl for your help.Ive tried installing this plugin from the admin section but giving me some errors.Should i copy and paste this file in the plugin folder instead and created the tables as another options.Regards

Vishy

Uploading the file via the console should work. Are you using Openfire 4?

Thanks for all your help.I am currently using 4.03.Using the admin control panel to upload plugins is giving me some errors and i could not figure out what it is.thanks Vishy

Just to note that the User Status Plugin is now provided by igniterealtime and developed on github within our main Openfire Repo