Latest Spark version from SVN

First of all I would like to thank you for reconsidering my one-and-only requirement in Spark. Just to clarify my request is to have an option to suppress " joined the room" and " left the room" messages (shown in green) in the group chats.

In our company we use Spark all the time and we have a large number of group chats active at any one time since we operate multi-nationally. Everyday I get complaints from users because they see loads and loads of these annoying messages on their group chats.

It would be great if there is an option in the preferences to enable or disble these messages from appearing in the group chats. Isn’t it possible? Thanks.

pbezztell, no, there is no such option currently. We thought Walter’s patch could add this, but it seems his patch is adding something different. Now everything depends whether someone else give us a patch for this. Or maybe cstux will find a time to implement this, but he already has a huge list of tickets

Is it possible to change the ticket 1057 priority to high?

Only with a commercial tool like InstallShield. I don’t know about any MSI package generator that works well with our software distribution system (CA Unicenter) and we have tried a couple of open source installers.

pbezztell, priority won’t change much without a patch. Also, i have set Minor priority because this is not a bug and there were not many requests about this feature. Actually so far it’s only you requesting this.

Is it not possible to make an unattended installer with izPack ?

(This is why I asked for parameters several posts ago)

Yes, you can make a unattended installer.

spark-installer-11071.exe [unattended.xml] or

java -jar spark-installer-11071.jar [unattended.xml]

As I’ve deployed Spark 2.5.8 everywhere now, can anyone confirm if the .msi posted at the top stores users settings in the correct location (documents and settings\application data etc)?

pauska, no it doesnt.

Another problem with IzPack installer, particularly with uninstaller. On Windows 7 64-bit it doesnt remove Spark from the installed programs list and also it creates two entries: Spark and Spark 2.6.0.

Hi and greetings from Denmark

Great to see that spark still undergoing changes and development. Im about to deploy spark out for my 70 users and was wondering what version i should deploy. I have downloaded and tested both the 11093.msi and the 11071.exe

Both seems to work fine for my purpose (getting people on my domain online through sso and be able to chat and see user information like phonenumber etc via ldap) Are there any other things i should consider before deploying? the 11093.msi is the newest right?

One more question. In the future when a new final version is released, will the update funktion in 11093 work, så i dont have to install new versions on 70 machines

The only issue i have about spark is the memory consumation, but ill live :slight_smile: Is there anyway i could slim down the memory consumation in spark, maybe delete some plugins etc but would it help at all

Keep up the good work, i would love to help if i could

Actually the current SVN version is 11138, but cstux hasnt had a time to build and upload newest version here. With the new version you can face one problem. Spark profile path has been changed to /User/Application Data/Spark instead of /User/Spark. So after the upgrade you can see that Spark is starting without your settings. You will have to move your profiles. Current installers are not doing this automatically so far and probably it will take some time to implement this.

If Jive will upload the newest version on this site, then Spark should notice the new version and propose an upgrade, as it is programmed to check for the new version on this site.

I dont think you can slim down memory consumption drastically, but you can try tweaking some startup options: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1153

lightning response hehe

well what you are saying is that i should wait for at least 11138, since the user profile path has moved. Then the settings would work even if the auto update has run and updated the program

Yeah. This can be a solution, to wait for the newer installer. But i cant say when it can comeout. Someone has to pinch cstux to remind him about this doc Havent seen him online for a while.

cstux earth calling

Come out whereever you are … springtime is over and all the babes has left the building

D’oh! :slight_smile:

Bring the babes back

mengo, if you havent noticed, cstux has attached two 11156 installers here.

Yeahh

cstux, if you ever come around denmark, ill bring out the babes. Happy to see 11156 :slight_smile: im pretty wasted right now but will test this new version in a jiffy.

wroot thx to you for keeping up the spirit here

Hm maybe i havent noticed it before but it seems that the 11156 version is opening 2 processes of spark. one using about 2 mb and the other about 60mb. Is there a good reason for this that i missed. This is not a complaint im just curious :slight_smile:

This is not a 11156 feature. I have noticed this a while ago and asked cstux about that. He said he will look into this.