LDAP/AD Messaging

I have set up Jive Messenger to do authentication against a Windows 2003 Server. Everything works great; users show up, I can log on using the current username and passwords, I can assign users from the list to groups, and their status when people log in shows correctly. I can even broadcast messages to all of those logged in using the web page interface. However, the only problem I have is that users logged on to the server CANNOT message EACH OTHER. Also even if I assign the users to a group and enable the roster feature so they can see everyone in the same group automatically, nothing shows up on the clients; this feature works fine whenever I don’'t use LDAP and just the local MySQL database. Has anyone experienced this problem before? Any tips? Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

• Brian

I guess no one has had this problem before? One more clue just occurred to me today. I try to add a user to the buddy list and I got a permission denied error? Could this be a problem with Jive meseenger trying to add keys to LDAP/AD? Does anyone at all have any insight? Thank you in advance.

• Brian

This sounds really similar to this http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=15284&tstart=0 issue.