LDAP Auth Client (OT?)

Hi,

We have implemented the LDAP authentication to our jabber server, and everything works great. My problem is that our users change their passwords and then wonder why they cannot login to jabber. We are currently using the Miranda-IM client for jabber.

What I was wondering is whether anyone had any experience with any other Jabber clients that would perhaps authenticate clients based on whether they are logged in on the network, meaning that they wouldn’'t need to change their password in Miranda if they change their network password.

Its kinda off topic, and I apologize if this is the incorrect forum.

Thanks!

I think Kerberos would be the only good way to accomplish this. I don’‘t know of any clients that are Kerb-aware in this way, although Gaim might lend itself to such a development effort. The framework for Kerb 4 is already there in order to support Zephyr. OTOH, for what you want, it would require Kerb 5, and that’'s a whole different story.

Actually I have found that Pandion aka Soapbox has built in abilities to use SSPI, but they also require a server to support it on the backend. There is already a thread and feature request in place, and apparently it was to be added in version 2.20.

Actually I have found that Pandion aka Soapbox has

built in abilities to use SSPI, but they also require

a server to support it on the backend. There is

already a thread and feature request in place, and

apparently it was to be added in version 2.20.

Yes, the feature has been requested in the past and we plan to add it at some point. However, it’'s not in for the 2.2 release.

Regards,

Matt