LDAP Integration

I’m trying to integrate LDAP integration with Openfire !!!

But the settings suggeted on the config file are not present, shall I have to create those settings.

As suggested after stop and start of openfire changing the LDAP false, there is no change observing.

Please guide on this.

Manoj Majhi

I’m guessing you’re using a SQL database of some sort, so try accessing the Admin console web interface on port 9090 (http) or 9091 (https) you should be able to configure them there.

-Thanks

Curtiplas

Using the default integrated DB.

Not able to change the XML config file.
Will you help me to do the changes.
Shall I share the details please let me know the same which are required
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Manoj Majhi
Asst Manager
PVR Ltd.

Are you able to access the admin console? From the server go to the browser and go to http:\127.0.0.1:9090 and login with the admin credentials.

I would recommend NOT using the internal database, but use something like mysql or mssql express. It makes fixing configuration issues a lot easier if you ever have to manually change something in the DB.

1 Like

Hi,

Able to browse and configure the openfire with default db configuration, and tested well for one day.

Today what I did uninstalled openfire and tried with mysql it was well configured and after installing plugins restarted the openfire, after loginto the web ui, it dropped me to the starting configuration page ! which is a strange for me.

So I started reconfiguration of openfire after successful test of ldap user integration getting error

Openfire 3.9.3 Problem accessing /setup/setup-ldap-user.jsp.

server error

please help me to get out of this error.

regards,

Manoj

Are you running this on a Windows server?

If so make sure the user account running the openfire service/application has full admin rights to the openfire directory. If you’re not running it as a service, you might want to “run as admin” or disable UAC on the server

Yes running on WIndows Server 2008 64 Bit.

It was completely configured and some of the users connected chat started… with the same mysql database and ldap integration…

But all sudden after restarting openfire console all disappeared !

Gone through the article Openfire 3.9.3 Problem accessing /setup/setup-ldap-user.jsp.

Downgraded Java from 8 to 7 but no success I struck at same place.

Please help me to configure.

The user that I using is the administrator of server and having full rights. And I still user run as administrator while installing all components.

Regards,

Manoj

Hey Manoj,

Check to make sure that your config file contains the following that the tag in your XML is set to “true”. You should be able to find this file here:

[Programfiles]\Openfire\conf\openfire.xml

1 Like

No it is false

As I followed the article documentation part from Openfire: LDAP Guide

Where

If you have already completed the setup process but need to enable LDAP integration, you can re-run the setup tool. To do so:

1. Stop Openfire.
  2. Edit conf/openfire.xml in your Openfire installation folder and set true to false.
  3. Restart Openfire and enter the setup tool.

I’ll make changes to true, and get back you.

Regards,

Manoj

Awesome changing it to true will bypass the setup screen and prevent your settings from being wiped by the setup.

After doing this, start your openfire service/application. After doing that you should be able to login to the web interface to manage the LDAP settings via the web interface:

web interface: https://127.0.0.1:9091 <-- this is pointed at your loopback address and will only be accessible via your server locally.

no still no success

completely removed all softwares and reinstalled started configuration. and on the page user mapping next button

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /setup/setup-ldap-user.jsp. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.DefaultUserProvider cannot be cast to org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapUserProvider at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002dldap_002duser_jsp._jspService(setup_002dldap_002duser_jsp.java:203) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:808) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1669) at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118) at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652) at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:74) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652) at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:50) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652) at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:78) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652) at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:159) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:585) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143) at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:215) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:110) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:497) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:310) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:540) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)