powered by Jive Software

LDAP issues + "Error loading plugin: /opt/openfire/plugins/search"

Version: 3.9.3-1, CentOS RPM

I’m having some odd issues with this my new OpenFire deployment.

First, I tried integrating it with LDAP authentication. It turns out that it can’t do a user listing (and so nothing shows up under the users and/or groups menus), but it DOES know the users/groups exist and how many there are. The logs show that each and every user is actually seen and queried, the ldapsearch itself is successful. I’ve tried both SSL and non-SSL. See below for what comes out from the ldap server and what Java does when it gets it. I don’t know exactly what it’s asking my LDAP server for that causes it to say “NO!”, but I’d like to find that out.

I actually am able to authenticate using this ldap system, but I can’t see any of the users in the interface. There’s something funky going on here.

When I initially request the page, I get this:

-> directory.cb.ntent.com:10636 0000: 30 66 02 01 02 63 61 04   25 6F 75 3D 70 65 6F 70  0f...ca.%ou=peop
0010: 6C 65 2C 6F 75 3D 61 63   63 6F 75 6E 74 73 2C 64  le,ou=accounts,d
0020: 63 3D 6E 74 65 6E 74 2C   64 63 3D 63 6F 6D 0A 01  c=ntent,dc=com..
0030: 02 0A 01 03 02 01 00 02   01 00 01 01 00 A0 22 87  ..............".
0040: 03 75 69 64 A3 1B 04 0B   6F 62 6A 65 63 74 43 6C  .uid....objectCl
0050: 61 73 73 04 0C 70 6F 73   69 78 41 63 63 6F 75 6E  ass..posixAccoun
0060: 74 30 05 04 03 75 69 64                            t0...uid <- directory.cb.ntent.com:10636 0000: 30 4A 02 01 02 64 45 04   30 75 69 64 3D 61 64 61  0J...dE.0uid=ada
0010: 76 69 73 2C 6F 75 3D 70   65 6F 70 6C 65 2C 6F 75  vis,ou=people,ou
0020: 3D 61 63 63 6F 75 6E 74   73 2C 64 63 3D 6E 74 65  =accounts,dc=nte
0030: 6E 74 2C 64 63 3D 63 6F   6D 30 11 30 0F 04 03 75  nt,dc=com0.0...u
0040: 69 64 31 08 04 06 61 64   61 76 69 73              id1...adavis

And there follows the entire list of my directory users. After the last user, it happens again, but different:

-> directory.cb.ntent.com:10636 0000: 30 81 8D 02 01 02 63 61   04 25 6F 75 3D 70 65 6F  0.....ca.%ou=peo
0010: 70 6C 65 2C 6F 75 3D 61   63 63 6F 75 6E 74 73 2C  ple,ou=accounts,
0020: 64 63 3D 6E 74 65 6E 74   2C 64 63 3D 63 6F 6D 0A  dc=ntent,dc=com.
0030: 01 02 0A 01 03 02 01 00   02 01 00 01 01 00 A0 22  ..............."
0040: 87 03 75 69 64 A3 1B 04   0B 6F 62 6A 65 63 74 43  ..uid....objectC
0050: 6C 61 73 73 04 0C 70 6F   73 69 78 41 63 63 6F 75  lass..posixAccou
0060: 6E 74 30 05 04 03 75 69   64 A0 25 30 23 04 16 31  nt0...uid.%0#..1
0070: 2E 32 2E 38 34 30 2E 31   31 33 35 35 36 2E 31 2E  .2.840.113556.1.
0080: 34 2E 34 37 33 04 09 30   07 30 05 04 03 75 69 64  4.473..0.0...uid <- directory.cb.ntent.com:10636 0000: 30 4F 02 01 00 78 4A 0A   01 02 04 00 04 2B 50 52  0O...xJ......+PR
0010: 4F 54 4F 43 4F 4C 5F 45   52 52 4F 52 3A 20 54 68  OTOCOL_ERROR: Th
0020: 65 20 73 65 72 76 65 72   20 77 69 6C 6C 20 64 69  e server will di
0030: 73 63 6F 6E 6E 65 63 74   21 8A 16 31 2E 33 2E 36  sconnect!..1.3.6
0040: 2E 31 2E 34 2E 31 2E 31   34 36 36 2E 32 30 30 33  .1.4.1.1466.2003
0050: 36                                                 6 -> directory.cb.ntent.com:10636 0000: 30 06 02 01 03 50 01 02                            0....P.. -> directory.cb.ntent.com:10636 0000: 30 05 02 01 04 42 00                               0....B. ==> error.log <==
2014.10.20 22:45:19 org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapManager - Request: 2 cancelled
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Request: 2 cancelled; remaining name ''

Then I get a bunch of this:

==> warn.log <==
2014.10.20 22:45:22 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Failed to cache plugin JAR file: jar:file:/opt/openfire/plugins/search/lib/plugin-search.jar!/ ==> error.log <==
2014.10.20 22:45:22 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - Error loading plugin: /opt/openfire/plugins/search
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.SearchPlugin