LDAP & Openfire

hi.

i really want to get some help on openfire using openldap.

all are ok (that’'s what the “test settings” say) all… from the baseDN to the vcard to the group.

then i added a username to be an admin.

but when i try to login using the username with admin rights, it doesnt login.

is openfire, also gets the password stored in openldap? because in user mapping, i can see the name, e-mail, username, etc etc. but no password field.

here are some screenies

The User Mapping:

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/3196/99176347ru4.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8352/92553589mq8.jpg

i really dont know what to do…

By The Way,

Can anyone tell me what’'s this error? found it in error.log

org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:457)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:751)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:500)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:357)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:329)

_ at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:475)

2007.05.31 03:28:21 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.fatal(CommonsLogFactory.java: 95) The scratchDir you specified: /tmp/Jetty_0_0_0_0_9090_webapp____-dnguxu/jsp is unusable.

_

Message was edited by: Intel

After you have it set up, can you take a look at the openfire.xml configuration file? It should be in the conf directory where you installed Openfire.

Please paste what is in the section. This will tell us what your actual settings are. If you have an admin password in that file, make sure you remove it before posting, of course.

All user information will come from LDAP, so this assumes you have an LDAP server set up already with user information in it (including their password, in some way). Users will authenticate to Openfire using the password they have in the ldap server.

The screen shots you posted are for setting up the vcard. This is not a requirement, but most people find it nice. It means when someone looks up the profile of the user, the information can come from LDAP as well. There will be no password in this section.

Sorry For The Late Reply… I’'m busy setting up Gforge AS.

Here’'s the content of my openfire.xml

In the Vcard, i didnt change anything… i think openfire automatically gets the info.

]]>

cn

mail

ou

People

description

false

I have the same problem.

In the last page of the setup, when I choose to test the administrator account I get a password failure.

What “field” is openfire trying to check regarding the password?

Shouldn’'t it be specified somewhere in the mapping like the uid?

There is no field that gets check for passwords at login, it performs whats known as an LDAP bind. Basicly, Openfire attempts to log into the LDAP server with the credentials you provide for login.

A few things:

First, it looks like you are using OpenLDAP. Unless you configured LDAP specifically not to, anonymous queries are allowed, and it might make things a little easier to remove the adminDN and adminPassword

Second, the adminDN and adminPassword are not necessarily what you use to log into the Openfire admin console. There should be specified. If that list is empty, then there must be a user in your ldap tree with the username admin. The adminDN you have specified below wont work, because its not in the baseDN you specify.

If you are using OpenLDAP, then you likely should set posixMode to true. This really only affects groups, though.

Is your LDAP server running on Linux?

yes. i know that i will specify a username in the LDAP list so that that username can login into the console.

its just that when i test it, it asked fo a password so i enter it. but it says that “authentication failed”.

Yes the school is using OpenLdap and its running on linux.

Checklist:

Connection Settings(Base DN etc.) = OK!

User Mapping(Checking if openfire gets a Vcard Profile) = OK!

Group Mapping = OK!

Specifying Administrators = Failed! = (I Specify 4 Admins but when i test 2 of them and specify the password, it says “Authentication Failed”) but that LDAP is being used on our Web Mail and Network Storage Account. so it shouln’'dt be an error in the password…

Well, i Found this thread w/c is simmilar to my problem:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=24761&tstart=0

Message was edited by: Intel