LDAP setup "No users found..." error message

Hello,

Trying to set up OpenFire to connect to a Windows 2K3 AD, get through the connections settings okay, but when I try and test the Profile Settings I get the following error message:

No users were found using the specified configuration. Try changing the base DN, user filter or username field.

Here are my settings:

Host: Howard (name of the server)

Base DN: DC=BSCI

Adminstrator: bsci_admin@BSCI

Username - sAMAccountName

The users sit in an OU called “BSCI Users”. When I try to add this to the Base DN the authenticaiton fails. (i.e. OU=BSCI Users,DC=BSCI) Will only work with the DC. I figured the Profile Settings test would search all the subtrees for all the users.

FYI - If I ignore and continue, when I get to the screen to add the admins, it fails on any user I put in.

Any help would be appreciated,

Mike

Please read this doc: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1554

Your problem could stem from the use of spaces in your AD structure names. Also are you sure that you have the domain correct? A domain ends with some sort of extension (.com, .net, .local, etc). If your domain does not have that then you could try this: OU=BSCI%20Users,DC=BSCI. I do not guarentee that the %20 will not have other negative affects.

Thanks for the help. The issue was I was not using the FQDN - domainname.net. Once I changed dc=BSCI to dc=domainname,dc=net it worked. The spaces were okay, they worked without using the %20.

My next issue is that I tested the Profile and Group screens. Both tested successfully. But when I hit “Save & Continue” on the Group screen, this page came up:

HTTP ERROR: 500

INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

RequestURI=/setup/setup-admin-settings.jsp

Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002dadmin_002dsettings_jsp._jspService(setup_002dadmin_002dsettings_jsp.java:99)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:42)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:99)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
     at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
     at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)