LDAP summaries response time

Since I have to wait so long when I click on User Summary or Group Summary in the web interface…I thought I’'d post the actual load times and see if they are comparable to others with large LDAP dbs.

User Summary returns 1,290 users and takes about 30 secs to load page.

Group Summary returns 48 groups and takes 90 secs to load page.[/b]

We actually have over 13,000 users and over 3,000 groups in our messy ldap to query through. I’'m filtering out a good many as you can see.

Anyone else care to share their load times too?

Of course I haven’‘t successfully been able to get the members of the groups to populate based on my one day of LDAP querying knowledge, but I’'m close.

Hey jiver,

Are you using the final 2.2.0 release? I think that some performance improvements were implemented. If the problem still persists I’'m going to create a new Jira issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

– Gato

I am using the 2.2.0 final release and these are the load times I’‘m experiencing. Our JM server harware is dual Xeon 2.8 w/ 4GB RAM. We also have Jive forums running on the box, but that’'s all.

I was just curious to see if it was normal to wait this long or if it was a glitch.

I honestly don’‘t know a whole lot about our ldap here since I’'m not a DBA so it could be the fault of our ldap setup.

Thanks for the quick response Gato! You guys are doing an awesome job on this project!

jiver, thats a pretty large installation. Are you by any chance seeing any issues like the one mentioned in http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=15284&tstart=0

Also, post your ldap config and explain how you want it to work. I can try to help get it working like you want.

Poppa Smurf

Hey Smurf,

Thanks for jumping into this one. I created the issue JM-358 for this so if you find out the problem let me know so I can update/close the Jira issue.

Thanks,

– Gato

Here is my LDAP section.

<groupSearchFilter><![CDATA[(&
                               (uniqueMember=)

(|

(objectClass=companydepartment)

(displayName=team)

)

)]]>

It works fine. I have the correct value set for groupMemberField[/b], but since the value of this field follows the pattern below…it’'s not populating users into the groups.

uniqueMember: fid=969597220614,ou=Staff,ou=CompanyPeople,o=Company,c=US

The value in this field is the users dn. should it be the users uid? I’'m rather lost at this point.

Answered my own question. I’'m an idiot. Setting the field to false made it work.

from thread

http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=100477&#100477

Other options for non Active Directory users:[/b]

The first thing you need to know is how users are stored in your LDAP server. If users are stored by their full DN or if they are stored by their user name. If they are stored by their user name only then you need to set the posixEnabled LDAP property to true. By default this property is set to false. I do not know of another LDAP server that stores members in a group by their full DN other than Active Directory. So most likely you will need to set this to true.

Now that I somewhat successfully have the group members populating from LDAP (http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=15355&tstart=0)…

I’‘m now experiencing an even longer load time when I click on a group to EDIT. It’'s taking between 5 and 10 mins to load this at best.