Learn to install Spark: Windows clients / Linux server

I have been to a place that was using Spark IM. I must learn how to install it for a small company that utilizes a RHEL Linux server.

I have no idea where to start

Openfire documentation http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/documentation.jsp

Spark doesn’t have one, but it is pretty straitforward. Install Spark, start it, put username, password and servername and login.

And if you hit a problem, then post a question about that problem in the forum (one thread per problem). I don’t think you will find someone here willing to post you full installation guide step by step.

So, my Opefire database will run on my Red Hat Linux server, and I install the Spark client software on the user’s Windows pc’s?

By database do you mean server? Server can run on that Red Hat. Database is your choice, it could be some MySQL on the same server or on another server, or even the embedded one, so you don’t have to install a separate database.

Yes, Spark should be installed on clients’ pc’s, not limited to Windows, could be Linux also.