Little issue with InVerse...no config page available

Good day!
I have been looking into a browser based client for xmpp and since I have had a lot of experience with Openfire I decided to go with that as the server and then base the client off of that server.

I want to use Inverse as I like what it can do that Candy cannot.

Unfortunately when the plugin is installed the webclients tab at the top redirects to a inverse config page that does not seem to exist. See the following:

I have gone back to a previous version of Inverse and it still has the issue.

Openfire server version is: Openfire 4.2.2
It is running on ClearOS 7(based on CentOS)

HTTP Bindings are turned on.

Has anybody run into this as well and if so what was done to rectify the situation?

Thanks,
Dan L

Seem like that configuration page does not work with older versions of Openfire. It is working perfectly fine with later releases.

It’s unlikely that we’ll spend time trying to support older versions. I suggest that you upgrade your Openfire (which will give you other benefits too).

Ok, kind of figured as much. Sorry I didn’t do so beforehand.

Thanks

No worries! Upgrading typically is dead-simply. Give it a go!

Sorry to bother you some more but I have another question.
I found 4.6.0 from the wikisuite site and upgraded with that.
Now when trying to start the service it fails to start.
Looking at the journal with journalctl -xe reveals this:

Oct 26 14:20:13 XXXX polkitd[681]: Registered Authentication Agent for unix-process:8375:253888 (system bus name :1.717 [/usr/bin/pkttyagent --notify-fd 5 --fallback], object pa
Oct 26 14:20:13 XXXX su[8393]: (to daemon) root on none
Oct 26 14:20:14 XXXX su[8393]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user daemon by (uid=0)
Oct 26 14:20:14 XXXX su[8393]: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for user daemon
Oct 26 14:20:14 XXXX openfire[8381]: Starting openfire:
Oct 26 14:20:15 XXXX systemd[1]: Failed to start SYSV: Openfire is an XMPP server, which is a server that facilitates XML based communication, such as chat..
-- Subject: Unit openfire.service has failed
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel
-- 
-- Unit openfire.service has failed.
-- 
-- The result is failed.
Oct 26 14:20:15 XXXX systemd[1]: Unit openfire.service entered failed state.
Oct 26 14:20:15 XXXX systemd[1]: openfire.service failed.
Oct 26 14:20:15 XXXX polkitd[681]: Unregistered Authentication Agent for unix-process:8375:253888 (system bus name :1.717, object path /org/freedesktop/PolicyKit1/Authentication
~
Running "systemctl status openfire.service" shows the following:
â—Ź openfire.service - SYSV: Openfire is an XMPP server, which is a server that facilitates XML based communication, such as chat.
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/openfire; bad; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: protocol) since Mon 2020-10-26 14:20:15 CDT; 6min ago
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
  Process: 8381 ExecStart=/etc/rc.d/init.d/openfire start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Oct 26 14:20:13 XXXX su[8393]: (to daemon) root on none
Oct 26 14:20:14 XXXX openfire[8381]: Starting openfire:
Oct 26 14:20:15 XXXX systemd[1]: Failed to start SYSV: Openfire is an XMPP server, which is a server that facilitates XML based communication, such as chat..
Oct 26 14:20:15 XXXX systemd[1]: Unit openfire.service entered failed state.
Oct 26 14:20:15 XXXX systemd[1]: openfire.service failed.

Now the service runs fine before updating.
Running the server version provided in clearos-contribs-testing works fine.
The failure happens after the upgrade.

Am I missing something?

Thanks again,
Dan

The information that you provided shows that Openfire fails to start, but sadly, doesn’t give any indication why that is. Can you review Openfire’s log files (which should either be in /opt/openfire/logs or /var/log/openfire for clues?

I’m cc’ing @Fabio_Montefuscolo here, as he has specific expertise with Wikisuite and the ClearOS package. Fabio, do you know what could be going on?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Wikisuite.chat is now running on Ubuntu. Openfire was installed using the deb file available on the igniterealtime.org page.

Specifically for wikisuite server when it was running ClearOS, I had set up Openfire to output all logs to stdout/stderr, so it was captured by journald facility. (using this same file https://gitlab.com/fabiomontefuscolo/docker-openfire/-/blob/v4.6.0/log4j2.xml).

While using the ClearOS, I made this fork to create Openfire packages: https://gitlab.com/fabiomontefuscolo/clearos-openfire-package . It builds Openfire and bundles some plugins. At that time, I was trying to make this fork to have Openfire on ClearOS repository, but I didn’t get replies from them.

Logs would be very useful now. Can you provide?

Bye bye

1 Like