Locked out users should stay in roster?

Hi all:

Just upgraded our OpenFire installation to 3.5.0 – the new admin interface looks great

I also got a chance to try out the lock out feature. I noticed that locked out users are still present in the roster list (this is automatically pulled from our AD) and I was wondering if this is a bug or a feature.

I would think that if a user is locked out, he/she shouldn’t be available in the roster – since you can potentially send offline messages and such.

P.S. I am using Spark 2.5.8 as the jabber client.

Thanks,

Bernard

I know that even if users are removed from AD they will stay in your roster. I think since the that user did not remove you from their roster they are never removed from yours. Perhaps there needs to be a process run to remove the user from everyone’s roster once an account has been disabled or deleted from AD. Maybe log it as an enhancment idea?

¿What means AD?

I am not sure if you are kidding so AD = Active Directory, which is Microsoft’s Directory Services solution.

Only manually added users would not be removed from your roster if they are remved from AD, or that is how my system works. All my users have their rosters auto-populated with groups including one that includes all chat users. When I remove sombody from AD by the next day they are out of the rosters.

How’d you add users from an AD group?

In spark a user can manually add contacts to any manually created group. The manually added contacts do not seem to remove from the roster correctly.