Log File Directory Access

Hello!

Running OF 3.3.3 as root (dont kick me!) under Opensuse 10.0

My Errorlog is full of the following:

2007.12.03 17:19:30 org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.saveQueuedPackets(AuditorImpl.ja va:352) Internal server error

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/wildfire/logs/jive.audit-20071203-000.log (Permission denied)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.createAuditFile(AuditorImpl.jav a:317)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.prepareAuditFile(AuditorImpl.ja va:178)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.saveQueuedPackets(AuditorImpl.j ava:344)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.access$200(AuditorImpl.java:30)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audit orImpl.java:331)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

well, OF runs as root and /opt/wildfire/logs exists and this path is owned by root:root

What is the server complaining about???

Pls help, I am running out of ideas…

Bye

Starry

Hi Starry,

can you create a file manually in this directory? You could have no free inodes.

LG

Hello!

Doing “touch asdf.txt” as root in this dir works as expected and the server is FAR from running out of anything, plenty of RAM avail, HDs onlyhalf full, not many processes running…

Hmm, no idea

Bye

Starry

Hello!

The Message Audit Policy did point to the oooold /opt/wildfire dir structury instead of the /opt/openfire.

Alhtough it should not make any difference, where to place the audit.log, placing it into the right dir seems to clear the problem…

Strange anyhow…

Bye

Starry