Loggin (DEBUG_ENABLED) and display

I just set DEBUG_ENABLED to true in order to track down a problem described in my last post.

Regardless of the tab I select at the top of the window that opens, the sent and received packages are seperated in different panels. Because of this, I cannot see which packet followed which.

I don’'t know yet what “interpreted” means, but at least sent and received should be displayed in the same panel if I select the “all” tab.

Regards,

Andreas

Andreas,

I’'m developing a new enhanced debug window. I observed the same issue that you said and was planning to solve it in some other way.

I was thinking to print a timestamp before each sent and received packet (similar to a log). What do you think about this solution?

Regards,

– Gato

Gato,

Another option would be the style that Exodus uses where it writes all content in order to one pane, and looks something like:

SENT:

RECV: <iq from=’‘jivematt@jabber.org/Exodus’’ id=’‘jcl_15’’ type=’‘result’’><query xmlns=’‘jabber:iq:roster’’>

using different colors for each type.

Another option would be to show each packet in a list. So, it could be something like:

Then you’'d click each packet and see the details in another pane below. This could be a pretty cool UI, although it would be more work. It could be something sort of like the Winfessor Wtrace (although different info):

http://www.winfessor.com/images/Trace-Full-SelectedItem.jpg

-Matt

I was thinking to print a timestamp before each sent

and received packet (similar to a log). What do you

think about this solution?

To be honest, I can’'t think of any use in keeping the messages separate in two different panels.

I would show the messages sorted by time as you would expect it in a file based log. If anyone wants to filter by incoming or sent packets, he can still use the tabs.

Regards,

Andreas