Login issue as admin in wildfire & spark

Hi, I have a problem with trying to login with spark & wildfire Admin console. The error is an invalid username or password, but I know for sure that the details I am entering are correct. I thought I was going mad but it lets me in after a few times.

I have also had someone else question me about this issue trying to login with that username.

Has anyone come across this authentication issue?

Cheers

What is the username you’‘re trying to use? I’‘ve attempted to use an account containing a ‘’-’’ previously and it flatly refuses to accept it despite it being accepted by the config wizard, and the LDAP dir itself…

I am trying to log in as admin.

i have teh same problem when i try and log in as another user in spark. it takes a couple of attempts each time before it lets me log in.

Hi,

are you also using MySQL or another remote database? A lost or dropped database connection will also result in an auth failure.

In any case you should check the log files.

LG

Hi

We are using MySql database

The logs contain the following:

2007.01.02 10:59:04

org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.UnauthorizedException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.DefaultAuthProvider.authenticate(DefaultAuthProv ider.java:55)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.AuthFactory.authenticate(AuthFactory.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.admin.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:137)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:428)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplica tionHandler.java:830)

on this occasion i tried logging in as admin twice before i actually manages to log in.

thanks

There are also the following logs in the error part. I dont know if this helps

• END NESTED EXCEPTION **

Last packet sent to the server was 1 ms ago.

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.send(MysqlIO.java:2757)

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.send(MysqlIO.java:2650)

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1581)

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1695)

at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:3004)

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:1128)

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:1222)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PrivateStorage.add(PrivateStorage.java:108)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQPrivateHandler.handleIQ(IQPrivateHandler.ja va:75)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:268)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:96)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:250)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader.j ava:51)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process(SocketReader.java:216)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 62)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:123)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• END NESTED EXCEPTION **

at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.checkClosed(Connection.java:1844)

at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.prepareStatement(Connection.java:4306)

at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.prepareStatement(Connection.java:4272)

at org.jivesoftware.database.AbstractConnection.prepareStatement(AbstractConnectio n.java:36)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.User.updateProperty(User.java:462)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.User.access$200(User.java:40)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.User$PropertiesMap.put(User.java:344)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.userUnavailable(PresenceManag erImpl.java:176)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:122)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:153)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:92)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:61)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:75)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processPresence(SocketReader.java:29 9)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processPresence(ClientSocketRe ader.java:57)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process(SocketReader.java:193)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 62)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:123)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hi,

this looks like a dead database connection, there are some threads about such problems in the forum.

LG

Hi

I have tried looking in teh forum regarding this issue but cant find the thread on it. could you point me in the right direction please?

thanks

http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/search.jspa?threadID=&q=mysql+timeout&objID= f40&dateRange=lastyear&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

and http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=127935&#127935

Hi

Thanks for your help. It turned out to be the MySQL wait_timeout was set too low and have now set it back to the default of 8 hours.

Just a point though.If a database becomes corrupted, the server will potentially eventually fall over if it has 1000’'s of connections. Us at Azzetz have port monitoring so its not so much of an issue but it maybe an issue to a smaller company.