Lost keyboard focus randomly

Hi all,

Seems cannot find related posts similar to my issue.

I am using Spark 2.5.8 on Ubuntu 8.04/8.10. Most of the time it works fine but randomly and getting more frequently, it doesn’t allow me to type in anything when I am switching between app windows, mainly between FF 3, Evolution email client and virtual box 2.0.6. Copy/paste still work. So I have no clue but restart Spark. Very annoying.

Any idea?

I’ve attached my error.log here.

$ jre/bin/java -version
java version “1.6.0_02”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_02-b05)
Java HotSpot™ Server VM (build 1.6.0_02-b05, mixed mode)

Thanks a lot,

L
error.log (2655 Bytes)

When it doesnt allow you to type, press once on a Roster window (or icon in a systray) and then back on the chat window. For me it helps when Spark locks up for some reason (usually switching apps).

Also you can try 2.6.0 Beta 2.

Are you using whiteboard plugin? Which version? Latest is 0.0.5. Maybe you can also try working without it and see if that changes anything.

Hi,

Removing the whiteboard plugin solved this problem compeletely. I didn’t try the newest whiteboard version, though. Nor did I try beta 2.6

The other tricks you said “When it doesnt allow you to type, press once on a Roster window (or icon in a systray) and then back on the chat window. For me it helps when Spark locks up for some reason (usually switching apps).” sometimes helps but not always.

Thank you very much,

L

not sure if use the newest whiteboard plugin may help.

Hi All,

The latest version of the whiteboard plugin (0.0.5) will take care of the NullPointerException exception in the error logs but I’m not sure how related it is to the keyboard focus issue but we’ll look into it.

Cheers,

Ryan

Nope, removing the whiteboard plugin doesn’t helpful. Still lost keyboard focus while switching windows in my Ubuntu 8.10 desktop…