Mac OS 10.4.4 Server Help

I am having trouble with the ‘‘Database Settings’’ step in the web-based Wildfire setup on a Mac OS 10.4.4 Server Xserve.

The message in the Wildfire error.log reads:

2006.01.18 16:18:19 [org.jivesoftware.database.ConnectionPool.(ConnectionPool.java:108)] Failed to create new connections on startup. Attempt 0 of 3

java.sql.SQLException: Unable to connect to any hosts due to exception: java.net.SocketException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

• BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.net.SocketException

STACKTRACE:

java.net.SocketException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

I believe this means that the JDBC driver is trying to connect to the MySQL database but is being refused. I can log in to the mysql with the user name I’'m supplying the Wildfire setup page and it seems to have the proper privs:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON . TO ‘‘wildadmin’’@’‘localhost’’ IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD ‘’*79F2B8E7E556EEF3E8940D47D79A354CD32742CB’’ WITH GRANT OPTION

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON wildfire.wilddire TO ‘‘wildadmin’’@’‘localhost’’ WITH GRANT OPTION

The database is created and populated with the data from wildfire_mysql.sql .

I can start wildfire with ‘’/opt/wildfire/bin/wildfire start’’ and connect to http://localhost:9090 but cannot get passed the ‘‘Database Settings’’ page.

I’'m using MySQL version 4.1.13a, java -version produces:

java version “1.5.0_05”

Java™ 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-83)

Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 1.5.0_05-48, mixed mode, sharing)

I’'ve exported these:

export JAVA_HOME=’’/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home’’

export INSTALL4J_JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/ Home/

On the ‘‘Database Settings’’ page I’'ve entered:

JDBC Driver: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Database URL: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/wildfire

Username: wildadmin

Password: *******

I’‘m stumped. Any ideas where I’'m going wrong here?