Mac OS X server

I didn’'t see anything about whether or not the unix tar.gz will work on Mac os x server

So what my question is is if it will work on mac os x

I use it on OS X 10.4 server and it works great. The only thing you’‘ll need to do is open the file named wildfire located in the bin directory. OS X doesn’‘t have it’‘s Java home where wildfire expects to find it. The first couple of lines should look like this when you’'re done modifying it:

1. Uncomment the following line to override the JVM search sequence

INSTALL4J_JAVA_HOME_OVERRIDE=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Version s/1.5.0/Home

I haven’‘t vested the time in getting it to work with LDAP since I don’'t have a great many users working with it.

majorsl wrote:

1. Uncomment the following line to override the JVM search sequence

INSTALL4J_JAVA_HOME_OVERRIDE=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Version s/1.5.0/Home

This wasn’‘t even necessary for me, also on Mac OS X Server 10.4. I just un-tarred it and did “./wildfire start” in the bin directory of the installation and it started right up & is working great. Admin privileges weren’'t even necessary. Was kind of amazing.

But does anyone know what’'s the procedure to get it to start as a startup service on OS X Server? Advice appreciated.

After various install combinations in OS 10.4, /opt or /usr/bin directories I cannot get past the error message:

Critical Error! The home directory has not been configured,

which will prevent the application from working correctly.

ERROR 11650 ():

java.io.FileNotFoundException: XML properties file does not exist: wildfire.xml

at org.jivesoftware.util.XMLProperties.(XMLProperties.java:61)

Any help appreciated.

Don Ellis

Hi Don,

which directory do you use to start Wildfire? I did post a very short start script

#!/bin/sh
cd /home/jivewf/WF/bin
nohup /opt/java/jdk1.5.0_08/jre/bin/java -server -jar ../lib/startup.jar >../logs/STDOUT.log 2>../logs/STDERR.log &

in the wiki, so I wonder if this works for you if you adjust the “cd /…” line.

LG