Max users

I have a p4 machine with 512 mb ram (intranet). I configured jabber with mysql.

What is the max connection pool size ?

If i have 200 users, jive hangs… !

Is message logging a problem ?

Please let me have a solutions for this…Any help would be appericated.

Regards,

Muthu Veerappan

This server is integrated with LDAP, so would that be a problem ?

Hi Muthu,

At what point does the server hang? Is it when it starts up? Or, when a user tries to sign in? Are you seeing in messages in the error log?

Thanks,

Ryan

I think both of us are experiencing the same issue i have 400 users using LDAP.

you can see the thread at.

http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=15102&tstart=0

i have been able to get no resolution.

Do you mean logged-in users, or users in the tree? I have over 1000 users with 2.1.5 attached to AD and it seems to be working fine so far.

-j

I have 2 rooms, and when i reach 200 in each room, the server crashes…

Total online user amounts to 200 who are online on both the rooms.

I have enabled message log (room conversations), is this a problem ? What is the max connection pool that my configuration can handle ?

Recently i disabled message log (room conversations) - would that help ?

My LDAP server had 1000 users…

I have one more problem,

2005.07.21 16:50:32 Ignoring plugin contentfilter: requires server version 2.2.0

What is the above line ?

I have one more problem,

2005.07.21 16:50:32 Ignoring plugin contentfilter:

requires server version 2.2.0

What is the above line ?

I’‘m not sure what might be going on with the crash – Gato will have to help with that. However, this message means that you tried to use the content filter with Jive Forums 2.1.x. The plugin download page needs to be updated to correctly list the required Jive Messenger version for each plugin. In the case of the content filter, you need to be using 2.2 beta. I’'ll try to get the plugin page updated ASAP to eliminate this confusion.

Regards,

Matt

Hey Muthu,

Could you be more specific when you say that the server crashes? Is the process of the server dying? Is the server up but unresponsive? Could you check the log files and post any error that you are seeing?

Thanks,

– Gato