Message Auditing w/ GAIM

Here is an interesting question. When using other IM clients with Wildfire with messaging auditing enabled, does the server log every chat going through the it?

I have many clients here using Gaim, and some have the logging feature off. Shouldnt the server still log their activity and conversations?

Hi GTNman,

GTNman wrote:

Here is an interesting question. When using other IM clients with Wildfire with messaging auditing enabled, does the server log every chat going through the it?

Yes, it does.

I have many clients here using Gaim, and some have the logging feature off. Shouldnt the server still log their activity and conversations?

Yes, it will. Turning off the logging feature only turns off the logging for Gaim on the clients machine, not Wildfire.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

I think i figured out what the issue was as to why some of the logged chats were not showing up in my Logviewer (from Baqkyra) viewer. I think that the useage of different jabber clients might be garbling the XML in the log rendering the log viewer unable to read it properly. I went into the raw log and did see the “missing” chats logs. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

I guess it is my log viewer. I cant seem to get iBall working with 3.1.0 and my company does not have the budget right now for the corporate plug-in. Are there any other alternatives?

Ok- I have found the problem!!! Many of my users were still running older versions of Gaim. 1.3 ~ 1.5. Apparently they format the messages differently that they were unreadable by the viewer. One of the differences was the ID tag that was in the XML. Spark classified the chat ID with the tag StreamID= and the older versions of Gaim used just ID=

Will upgrade all my clients and post results.

forgot to add results.

Upgrading all GAIM clients did work, however I have officially migrated to Spark as the internal IM client and everything is just grand now.