I have Openfire setup on a server at my office using LDAP. Originally the clients connecting were Pidgin. For some reason: Sent messages are no longer being received. Clients are able to log into the Pidgin clients using their Active Directors credentials just find and see other people on their lists. When messages are sent they just seem to go into some black hole somewhere in the network. There’s no error generated in any logs saying the the messages aren’t getting through. I tried switching a couple of the clients to Spark but the issue is persisting.
For Pidgin, activate the XMPP console and watch the raw stanzas go by. Some interesting errors may appear.