Messages showing up in multiple MUCs

Hello,

I searched and can’t find anything on this. My apologies if it has been asked before.

I have an Openfire 3.7.1 server. Al users are connecting with Spark. We have a few users using older versions of spark, but the majority of them are on 2.6.3.

I have a three users that mave two MUCs open all the time. There are other users in each chat, but only three that use both chats. I will call them “Chat A” and “Chat B” for purposes of illustration.

If any user sends a message to Chat A it displays correctly in Chat A only. If any use sends a message to Chat B, however, it show up in Chat A and B for all the users that are in both chats. The users who are only in Chat A do not see the messages from Chat B ever. Also, the users who are only in Chat B never see messages from Chat A.

If it makes any difference, Chat A was created first, Chat B second. They are both persistent and are the only chats on our server.

I don’t even know where to begin troubleshooting this. If I have left out any pertinant information, please ask.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Message was edited by: sundafyllir Changed subject for clarity

Also, I am not sure if this is a problem with Spark or Openfire. I apologize if it is with Spark and I posted this in the wrong location.