Microsoft OCS/LCS Transport

Howdy! I’d be happy to try it out if you are interested in letting me point at it.

I did run into a problem though. I found out that the API I was looking at is only free for like 5 users or something. So it’s not a good solution. Sigh… So I guess I’m back to square one — no good API for the plugin to make use of. Anyone have any suggestions? The API I was looking at is jbuddy.

Hi, We will be happy to provide you OCS access. For SDK you can consider OCS AJAX SDK (using only http calls) or may be OCS UCCP SDK (but it is COM based). Also we can help you out in the development of gateway if we know the gateway interfaces. We have been developing OCS apps using these SDK for a few years. For OCS access write to us at imwire@eventure.biz

Regards,

Vivek Garg

I’m afraid we would need a java API. Surprisingly enough there’s very little available in that arena.

In the current case I would recommend OCS AJAX as it is well supported and can be used from Java very easily. Also it supports all the features (apart from VOIP)

I have just discovered this article MS OCS with Asterisk…

They use OpenSER as proxy.

Daniel,

I have tried the IM Gateway with OCS. The user registration from Admin Console show success but when I try to logon to the transport from within the Psi client nothing seems to happen. The debug log shows increasing port numbers in the SIP messages (5061, 5062, 5063, 6064 etc) when I am trying to logon. In OCS I don’t see any log entries about any connection attempts. Does have anyone seen the same behaviour?

Thanks

Michael

There’s no support what-so-ever for OCS at the moment. I don’t understand enough about SIP to have any ideas unfortunately.

What happened? Did work on this stop? I’ve recently had a request to link up our Openfire server with another company’s MS Live Communications server, I was hoping someone could give me a clue. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Sapan

It looks like someone recently got XMPP/OCS federation working with eJabberd…

http://www.process-one.net/en/blogs/article/seamless_federation_between_xmpp_and _microsoft_ocs/

I don’t think they’re using any Java API’s, but maybe their code could provide some clues :^)

Adding this functionality to our XMPP server is worth switching over to eJabberd if we have to, but I’d prefer to stay with OpenFire… I hope no one has given up on this.