Microsoft SQL Server Integration

Tangentally related to my previous thread (http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/203995). I’m working on connecting to a Microsoft SQL Server. Here’s the obscured information I use to connect to the server with the manager.

Host/Server: DB2\INC_DB

Authentication Style: Windows Auth

Database Name: OpenFireTest

Obviously I picked the preset for DB configuration giving me

Driver: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

But the connection I feel is the problem. Since my host uses a slash and windows auth I’m unsure of how to put in the rest of the information. I tried to the effect of:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://DB2/INC_DB/OpenFireTest;appName=jive

And my domain credentials, but it fails to proceed.

I have unfettered access to the server so if I need to change something that can be arranged and answer any questions about this.

One more thing. Here’s the error I get:

A connection to the database could not be made. View the error message by opening the “\logs\error.log” log file, then go back to fix the problem.

Let me know if that doesn’t fix you up.

Assuming your thread’s advice and the information above I get this as my answer:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://DB2:2190:/INC_DB;appName=OpenFireTest

Server is DB2

Instance is INC_DB

Database is OpenFireTest

Am I missing something here? It’s still failing.

it could be an authentication issue. temporarily try using the sa user and password as your authentication creds and see if that works. you’ll need to make sure your sql sever is set for mix mode authentication.

1. What’s the SA User?

2. How do I check/set if it’s set to mixed?

try:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://DB2:2190/OpenFireTest;appName=jive;instance=INC_DB

1 Like

No dice.

Okay. This issue was resolved because the Database Driver doesn’t support windows authorization. I made a new user on my SQL server and now it works. Speedy’s got this one, now back to the original problem of working with LDAP.