Migrate database from openfire 3.8.2 to 3.9.3

Hello guys, I think I really need help for this one

Here’s the story, I’ve got old server installed openfire 3.8.2 and I want to move all of it’s database (most important username & pass) to new server installed openfire 3.9.3.

I use MySQL for openfire database, when I tried to export all database from old openfire server and import it to new openfire server, all of my friend can’t login to their account, of course before import old database, I already create a new database in new server.

Is it because openfire 3.8.2 didn’t use encryption when first installed (blowfish or AES) like openfire 3.9.3 ? Or am I the one who did the wrong move when moving my old openfire database ?

Then I notice there’s a different table labeling from openfire 3.8.2 and 3.9.3, let say in 3.8.2 user login database store in ofuser and in 3.9.3 store in ofUser, because of this I create a fresh database, direct my openfire 3.9.3 to that database and import only ofuser from 3.8.2 to 3.9.3 in hope they can login to their account, but still my client can’t login to their account.

NB : their password is stored in encryptedPassword column, and when I checked, the content from encryptedPassword column old and new are the same.

Sorry for my bad english,

Thank You before

Vindra9

You shouldn’t export. Just install 3.9.3 over the 3.8.2, run it and let the database upgrade scripts do their job.

And here lies the problem, I need to move it’s database to a new server, so it’s not upgrade openfire from 3.8.2 to 3.9.3 on the same server but move database from old openfire 3.8.2 server to new openfire 3.9.3 server. any idea ?

The JDBC connection string should be in conf/openfire.xml

Install 393 on the new server and copy then the config and ssl certs from the old server to it. Then adjust the DB settings and start it.

I think he has a db on the same server with the old Openfire and wants to scrap that server. There should be tools to dump MySQL database and move it to a new server.

Yes, you right wroot, I try export from phpmyadmin but after import it come that problem…

what do you mean about tools to dump MySQL database and move it to new server ?

Still trying to think another way to solve this one.

Btw wroot, do you have userExportImport plugin version 2.3.1 ? I think that plugin can solve my problem, I tried download from igniterealtime, but I don’t think they have the older version.

Using mysqldump How to Back Up and Restore a MySQL Database

Though, phpmyadmin probably is using the same commands.

Attaching the 2.3.1 version, should work with 3.8.2. It will only export users (probably not the groups).
userimportexport 2.3.1.jar (287167 Bytes)

One more thought. If you are trying to export the db from 3.8.2 server and import it to 3.9.3 server, then maybe that’s the problem. Install 3.8.2 on the new server, then try importing the db and then upgrade to 3.9.3.

www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/download-landing.jsp?file=openfire/openfire_3_8 _2.exe

Hey, that nice idea, let my try using plugin first, and i’ll tell you all result from 2 advice you suggest

Thank a lot