Migrate Jive Messenger 2.1.2 to Wildfire 2.4.0

Hi,

I’'m installing Wildfire 2.4.0 on a new server using a MySQL backend.

The install has gone painlessly and I now need to migrate settings/users from an existing Jive Messenger 2.1.2 server using the internal embedded DB.

I’'ve seen the various threads regarding how to do the migration but none of them touch on how to migrate from embedded DB to MySQL.

Is this possible? And if so, hwo do I do it?

Thanks,

R.

Hmmm, would this be the answer:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/wildfire/plugins/userimportexport/readme.html

Export on the old system and import into the new one?

R.

Will this work with Jive messenger 2.1.2, i.e. is there an older version of the plugin available?

Hi Robin,

Export on the old system and import into the new one?

Yes, that’‘s just what I was going to suggest. It won’‘t take care of the server properties but it will help migrate all your user data. If you need a copy of the plugin that will work with 2.1.2 let me know and I can build one for you (the current version, which you’'ll need, only works with 2.4.0 and above).

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Ryan,

Thanks. Can you get me a copy of the plugin for 2.1.2?

Is this a quick job, only I’'ve got my client on the other end of an IM chat session asking how to export users right now!!

R.

Oh, and server properties are in jive-messenger.xml/wildfire.xml, yes? I just need to copy jive-messenger.xml to wildfire.xml and modify the database settings?

R.

Robin,

Can you get me a copy of the plugin for 2.1.2?

You’'ve got mail.

Oh, and server properties are in jive-messenger.xml/wildfire.xml, yes? I just need to

copy jive-messenger.xml to wildfire.xml and modify the database settings?

It might, but that file has changed a bit over the last few months so it would probably be better to take a clean copy of the wildfire.xml file and just copy over the database elements.

I’‘ll expect a 25% cut of your consulting fee when you’'re done.

-Ryan

Hi,

Just a quick note to say that my client decided not to go with mySQL after all.

To migrate from 2.1.2 to 2.4.0 I simply copied the contents of the embedded_db directory to the new installation, renamed the files to “wildfire.*” and ran the installation.

Thanks for your help Ryan.

R.