Migrating from embedded db to another type of database

I have Wildfire 2.4.4 installed using the embedded database. I have do not have a problem moving this information from the embedded database to another SQL server (thanks mostly to the fact the schema and the data inserts are ready to go with a few modifications from wildfire.script). I am trying to move to another database server so I can see the db records live to try and trouble shoot a problem I am having with the server (see post: http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=17916).

Anyway my question is this once the new database has been populated with data from the embedded database how do I get Wildfire to use it? By the way the server I want Wildfire to use is a MS SQL (MSDE 2000) server running locally on the Wildfire computer.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mark,

Anyway my question is this once the new database has been populated

with data from the embedded database how do I get Wildfire to use it?

The best way to do this is to change the . Then when you login to the Admin Console you’'ll can go through the setup process again and point Wildfire to your SQL Server installation.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Hi Mark,

see Ryan’'s post. I just messed up Ryans post about setup true/false.

Sorry Ryan and wmhtet for any inconveniences.

LG

Message was edited: ignore the following (the original post):

maybe you need to set up a new instance of Wildfire to get the information about the connectionProvider. Only changing “setup” to true seems to be not enough and I don’'t know how the connectionProvider section must be configured for MS SQL.

LG

Hi LG,

Changing the setup to “true” and going throught the setup wizard again to use SQL Server will write out the proper connection provider info to the wildfire.xml file.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

LG

Once you have changed the setup to true, wildfire will go through the server set up all over again and it will also go through the DB connection process as well, at that point one can make a configuration changes.

Regards,

wmhtet

Well, what Ryan said

Message was edited by: wmhtet

Well, what Ryan said

The best way to do this is to change the

true element in your wildfire.xml file

(located in the widlfire\conf directory) to

false. Then when you login to the

Admin Console you’'ll can go through the setup process

again and point Wildfire to your SQL Server

installation.

Is there any documentation for the db providers in wildfire.xml so that I could just change it there and not need to go back through the set up process?

mhindt

I believe that you can change that in wildfire.xml but the thing is that it is more easier to go through the set up process IMHO. If you don’'t want your production system to go through set up, you can try test server with MS SQL and copy over the DB connection provider part to the production server .xml file.

Regards,

wmhtet