Migrating from smack 3.2.1 to smack 4.1.0

Hello,

I am using smack to communicate to Google Cloud Messaging platform (Google Cloud Messaging for Android | Android Developers ), on my backend server. Recently I realized that I am running on a really outdated version (smack and smackx 3.2.1), and as I’ve had some (small) problems here and there I decided to move to the newest version, the 4.1.0-rc2. Unfortunately I realized that you’ve made loads and loads of API changes at some point.

So given these I have 2 questions:

a) I found 2 upgrade guides on the net: 3.4 to 4.0 and 4.0 to 4.1. I am wondering if there’s anything similar from 3.2.1 from 3.4.

b) Is there any place I can find all the old releases from 3.2.1 to 4.1 ? Just thinking that maybe trying to upgrade one version at a time will make it less painful that trying to figure all the changes that I need to make at once.

P.S. I am no XMPP or Smack expert, I set up some basic functionality through a couple of tutorials. For all I know I am not using anything other than the really basic features. Once I start with this, I may revisit this post to ask more specific questions on where and why some stuff moved.

Thanks in advance,

Sakis