Mistakes in "Custom Database Integration Guide", question about debugging

Hi,

I tried to follow the Custom DB Integration guide to do authentication. It has a couple of errors.

This is a critical difference. I didn’'t figure it out immediately, since the errors I saw trying to log into the console were coming from the JDBCAuthProvider. I should have checked the error log.

Please take note that the jdbcAuthProvider config example omits the slashes on the passwordType and passwordSQL end tags.

I am running wildfire on Windows XP, and wildfire.exe starts the server for me. How do I start it directly from the console by hand so that I may specify debugger settings? A guide specifying how to attach a debugger would be useful.

Regards,

Gustav

Hi,

are you looking for something like

@echo off REM #
REM # $RCSfile$
REM # $Revision: 1102 $
REM # $Date: 2005-03-07 22:36:48 -0300 (Mon, 07 Mar 2005) $
REM # if "%JAVA_HOME%" == "" goto javaerror
if not exist "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.exe" goto javaerror
goto run :javaerror
echo.
echo Error: JAVA_HOME environment variable not set, Wildfire not started.
echo.
goto end :run
if "%1" == "-debug" goto debug
start "Wildfire" "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -server -jar ..\lib\startup.jar
goto end :debug
start "Wildfire" "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -Xdebug -Xint -server -Xnoagent -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000 -jar ..\lib\startup.jar
goto end
:end

?

This script is included in the wildfire_src download, I did not test it.

LG

Message was edited by it2000: JM-787 to fix the documentation errors

Gustav,

My apologies – this has actually already been fixed in the nightly builds for about a week. You might try using them, as they are quite stable. Otherwise, the fix will be officially in the next Wildfire release.

Regards,

Matt

Thanks, it2000, Matt.

it2000 - I was about to come post that I found the same script that you pointed out. I guess this should really have been in the developer forum.

Matt - Thanks, good to know. I’'ll strongly consider using the nightly builds.

Now, could someone please move this to the Wildfire dev forum where it belongs? Thanks.