Mjsip

Is there anyone who could help with MJSIP1.6 sip stack? I am developing a sip UA and can register with an Asterisk server I plan to use in a project I am developing… so registration & invite is working fine… However, my project requires out-of-band signaling and I am having trouble forming an INFO message… Anyone have any examples other than what is on the mjsip website… not much there about INFO messages… THX!!!

I doubt it would be hard to implement this. The thing is, I can’‘t understand how all of that crap works. Like how would I create an account with “SIP”, would I be setting up my own “SIP” server? I tried setting up a SIP server that I found and I really don’‘t understand what it is I’'m supposed to be doing with it. I think I got it running but… ? Are there public SIP servers that I could connect to to test with? (I guess I should be saying SIMPLE) If I understand how the thing works more I could actually write the transport. I tried reading up on it at one point and it bored me too much and seemed far too complex to warrant my free time. =)

think the best start is to download ASTERISK … actually I like to use trixbox.org … This is ASTERISK but you do not have to compile & install a lot of stuff as you would if you went to digium to roll-your-own… I get lost in a lot of the terminology when it comes to VOIP… In order to use * you will need an ATA(analog telephone adapter) or a softphone …lots of those around…(google is your friend) …Now the real prize in this post … for easy to read info on * go to www.nerdvittles.com WARD knows his STUFF!!!

A BIG problem in developing is getting through all of the RFCs and understanding what needs to be in a SIP message and for an under developed JAVA programer like me… The BIGGEST problem is making it happen in CODE… so far in my developement I can register with the * Server and create a call… Now I need to use INFO signaling(RFC2976) http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2976.txt Which may have updates …this along with my poor Java skills makes this a challenge!!!

!!!UPDATE**!!!

SUCCESS! Without going into a great deal of detail - and believe me that is plenty. In order to send SIP messages using the MJSIP stack, as well as any JAVA sip stack - I would imagine. You must implement the proper INTERFACES as outlined in the API (JavaDoc)… in mjsip you will use messageFactory.createRequest & BaseMessageFactory.createMessageRequest then use a couple of methods to modify content-type headers from like message.setbody(…) … INFO messaging can be achieved …and someone who know very little JAVA a few months ago will learn a LOT before accomplishing the task!!!

Congratulations? =) I’'m still rather lost. Are you saying you managed to get the equivalent of a simple instant message sent?

Not exactly – In my development …I will have 12 training simulators(softphones on touchscreen pc’‘s) and working within an IVR and a single operator on an asterisk server. The simulator’'s GUI is a two-way radio and I needed to use INFO messages for sending DTMF signaling… With Asterisk…as with other VOIP servers …DTMF signaling can be implemented a couple of different ways. The most obvious would be in-band, where DTMF tones are sent in the voice path - but this leads to distortion problems with less than G.711ulaw … and for this and other reasons was not a good choice for my development … I chose an out-of-band method…INFO Messages… in my development I am working with an IVR and the tones are not sent outside of the server… but in the real world should I want to have Asterisk send my call out a PSTN …it would use the INFO messages and regenerate them as DTMF tone the POTs systems uses…

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisksipdtmfmode

Text messages – but they must be within the same dialog as the call and other rules as outlined in the RFC2976

Message was edited by: csxtech

How did you get MJsip to register with an Asterisk server? I’ve been fiddling with it and can’t seem to figure it out.

sorry for bumping an old topic, but I need some help/advice.

I am developing a java SIP UA and I would like to connect it with asterisk, but I can’t register on it.

I tried register mjsip on asterisk but with no success.

Can you help me ? how did you pass the registration ?

thanks