Moderation issues

Ok, no whitelist. I assume that the white- and blacklists are learned by Mollom quite fast.

Csh has created 4 threads today. Has anyone approved any of them? If not, then system let through 3 of them and then flagged one as spam. Maybe it is based on a large number of posts in a short time. He is in the key contributors group though. So, it looks like SPS + Mollom doesn’t check other settings. Well, at least i don’t have to approve my own posts yet

wroot:

(…) He is in the key contributors group though. So, it looks like SPS + Mollom doesn’t check other settings. (…)

Sound like a bug, not a feature to me.

I have not done any moderation in the past few days.

As Mollom is something like a plugin the settings of other ‘plugins’ are ignored atm afaik. I guess that it will be improved soon - currently we should be happy that we can test/use it as is.

Got some spam today. Documents again, though Guus has disabled documents creation for users. This time it is posted in the Brasil group. Groups probably have their own permission levels.

First 9 documents went through, then everything else went into moderation (+15 documents).

Anyone knows how to get to user created groups via Jive’s admin console? I can’t find it in there. Also can’t find any permission settings in the group’s settings via forums GUI. Probably only group’s admin has it, but i don’t remember something related to content permission in there.

That’s an interesting graph

I’ve noticed that Mollom doesn’t like non English posts. And as we have rather active Brasil group it is annoying. They still make a small percentage of total posts and probably stand out for Mollom because of that.

It looks like auto-following approved threads is fixed in the recent version! Also, there were no spikes of spam in the recent months. Looking good so far.

Finally they solved this issue.

Anyhow the Mollom plugin is still annoying as it has issues with stack traces and Brazilian. Hopefully it learns also these languages one day.

It’s my impression that it does more good than harm, but if you disagree, I’m happy to disable it.

Looks like it doesn’t like any other language other than English. I just had to approve message in German. Maybe that’s because 90% of messages here are in English and others stand out. Not sure about disabling Mollum though. Spammers are not active right now. But as this often is, the minute you disable spam protection they will show up