Monitoring plugin: After import conversationID is wrong in database

openfire version: 3.5.2

using mysql database version: 5.0.51b

monitoring Service plugin version: 1.0.1

Folks,

I have been using the Open Archive plugin for a number of months now. Looking at the tables in the database it looked easy to move the logs from the Open Archive tables to the correct fields in the Monitoring Service plugin. I have 557 conversations from the old plugin and have had 6 conversations with the new one running and the old one shut off.

Here’s the problem. The current conversationId should be 558. The Monitoring Service thinks that the current conversationID is 6, since i have had 6 convos since i turned it on. So, when it logs a message it looks at the ofConParticipant and ofConversation tables and thinks that the convo already exists. Then appends the message to the ofMessageArchive with a conversationId of 6. Now the conversation i am having now is appended to one that i had 4 months ago.

So, where is it getting the 6 from? It’s obviously not looking at the last conversationID and that field does not auto-increase.

I have looked through the config files and various places. I have scoured the db.

Any idea on how i can fix this?

Thanks all.

Bearcat M. Sandor

Although this does not answer my question of where the current conversationID is stored, i did find a work around. I made all of the imported conversationID fields into negative numbers. Even if the imported records are backwards in the table they are still displayed properly.

Still, i wanna know where this number is tracked.

How do you moved the table entries from Open Archive to the Monitoring Service? For me the structure looks quite different. Can you give me a hint?

openarchive

Monitoring Service

archiveMessages

ofMessageArchive
messageId

conversationID
time

fromJID
direction

toJID
type

sentDate
subject

body
body

conversationId

archiveConversations

ofConversation
conversationId

conversationID
startTime

room
endTime

isExternal
ownerJid

startDate
ownerResource

lastActivity
withJid

messageCount
withResource

subject

thread

archiveParticipants

ofConParticipant
participantId

conversationID
startTime

joinedDate
endTime

leftDate
jid

bareJID
*nick *

jidResource
conversationId

nickname

My last messageid in the archiveMessages table is 50540 and my last conversationID in the ofMessageArchive table is 139. The ofID table has the following entries.

**idType **
id

It looks like openfire and the plugins look for idtype and next id in this table…

greetings

rockbox