Monitoring Plugin Message Archive is not working when I used that from the Android device

Hello all,
I upgraded the Openfire from version 4.6.2 to 4.7.5.

After upgrading the Monitoring Plugin 2.5.0 MessageArchive feature is not working on the Android and iOS devices using the smack SDK.

I used the smack application in the system and also checked with the RestAPI both stores the message in the “MessageArchive” table.
Facing an issue when I used the device.

Also, I am getting the below error when the server startup.

2023.09.29 09:40:51 ERROR [PluginMonitorTask-2]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.MINAConnectionAcceptor[connection_manager_ssl] - Error starting: 5263
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.EncryptionArtifactFactory.getKeyManagers(EncryptionArtifactFactory.java:87) ~[xmppserver-4.7.5.jar:4.7.5]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.EncryptionArtifactFactory.getSSLContext(EncryptionArtifactFactory.java:173) ~[xmppserver-4.7.5.jar:4.7.5]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.EncryptionArtifactFactory.createServerModeSslFilter(EncryptionArtifactFactory.java:343) ~[xmppserver-4.7.5.jar:4.7.5]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.MINAConnectionAcceptor.start(MINAConnectionAcceptor.java:136) [xmppserver-4.7.5.jar:4.7.5]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.ConnectionListener.start(ConnectionListener.java:226) [xmppserver-4.7.5.jar:4.7.5]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.ConnectionManagerImpl.startListeners(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:315) [xmppserver-4.7.5.jar:4.7.5]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.ConnectionManagerImpl.access$1(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:288) [xmppserver-4.7.5.jar:4.7.5]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.ConnectionManagerImpl$1.pluginsMonitored(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:304) [xmppserver-4.7.5.jar:4.7.5]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.firePluginsMonitored(PluginManager.java:1290) [xmppserver-4.7.5.jar:4.7.5]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.firePluginsMonitored(PluginManager.java:1283) [xmppserver-4.7.5.jar:4.7.5]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginMonitor$MonitorTask.run(PluginMonitor.java:417) [xmppserver-4.7.5.jar:4.7.5]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

Exactly what feature are you talking about? How do you use Smack to reterive archived messages? As far as I know, it does not support the MAM protocol.

What endpoints of the REST API are you using to check the (message archive) stores? I did not know it contained any?

The stack trace that you’re showing seems to be unrelated. Apparently, some kind of issue with the SSL/TLS certificates prevents the start of the network listener for the connecion managers. As connection managers are no longer supported, I doubt that this is leading to issues - but it’s unexpected that this exception occurs. They indicate that you have an issue with your certificate stores.

@guus Thanks for the quick reply.

I am using the Monitoring Plugin to store the messages in the “ofMessageArchive” table.
That message store in the “ofMessageArchive” table not working while using the Application.

I have created my own rest endpoint which sends the message to sender to receiver and receiver to sender. In which it called “packetRouter.route(message);”

For the certificate stores, I have installed the fresh Openfire server. Is it required to generate any kind of certificate for the Openfire? Could you please share some resources that can help me out with that?

I’m sorry, but “it doesn’t work” does not give much context for anyone to help you diagnose the issue.

That warning that shows in the screenshot might indicate that there is a file permission problem. I suggest having a look at the Openfire log files for clues.