Monitoring Plugin Not Working in openfire 3.6.4

Hi,

I have installed the monitoring plugin in my openfire3.6.4.But monitoring plugin is not working properly.

In Error log the follwing Error message is displayed.Can any one tell me what is the problem.

Its urgent please help me out.Every 15 minutes this error message is appearing.

Error Report:

2010.07.31 14:31:55 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.archive.ArchiveIndexer.updateIndex(ArchiveIndexer.ja va:290)]
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/openfire/monitoring/search/segments (No such file or directory)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.(RandomAccessFile.java:212)
at org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput$Descriptor.(FSDirectory.java:430)
at org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput.(FSDirectory.java:439)
at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.openInput(FSDirectory.java:329)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(SegmentInfos.java:45)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter$1.doBody(IndexWriter.java:264)
at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock$With.run(Lock.java:99)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.(IndexWriter.java:259)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.(IndexWriter.java:244)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexModifier.init(IndexModifier.java:148)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexModifier.(IndexModifier.java:111)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.archive.ArchiveIndexer.updateIndex(ArchiveIndexer.jav a:231)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.archive.ArchiveIndexer$2.run(ArchiveIndexer.java:156)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
2010.07.31 14:36:16 [org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.error(CommonsLogFactory.jav a:88)] Line=19 The content
of element type “dwr” must match “(init?,allow?,signatures?)”.
2010.07.31 14:46:55 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.archive.ArchiveIndexer.updateIndex(ArchiveIndexer.ja va:290)]
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/openfire/monitoring/search/segments (No such file or directory)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.(RandomAccessFile.java:212)
at org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput$Descriptor.(FSDirectory.java:430)
at org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput.(FSDirectory.java:439)
at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.openInput(FSDirectory.java:329)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(SegmentInfos.java:45)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter$1.doBody(IndexWriter.java:264)
at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock$With.run(Lock.java:99)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.(IndexWriter.java:259)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.(IndexWriter.java:244)

The same error message is alredy mentioned in below Url .But no one is replayed.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/openfire-3.6.3/monitoring/search/segments (No such file or directory)

Thank you,

With Regards,

Prem

Sometimes Monitoring plugin just stops working. Nobody can say why. It stopped working for me at work, though it works on my test server at home. There are no developers, who have created this plugin, in this forums. So, i’m afraid you won’t get any answer soon.

When i installed this plugin it shows all the options in the Staticts and Archiving.But it is not working.

Is there any configuration settings available for that plugin.?

If you have any idea tell me .Because my boss needs this monitoring plugin to work for the openfire server.

Thank you for your response,

With Regards,

Prem

I’m having the same issue, but can’t seem to figure this out. Have you found a solution? Is this a java problem or a Windows ACL problem?

I rebuilt the index from the Archive tab in the administration console. It created the Openfire\Search path which contains an .xml file and three other files, one of which is the segments file. So far so good.

I do not know exactly which problem ?Is that problem solved

I had a similar problem where the Monitoring Service plugin would not load. I had deleted the plugin and reinstalled it several times, but it didn’t work. After reading this post I tried deleting the plugin jar, the plugin folder AND the ./monitoring folder which contains the search file referenced in the log file. I reinstalled the plugin, the ./monitoring folder was recreated along with the files in the search subfolder. All is well, now.

1 Like

can you respon to this issue please ?