Monitoring plugin: PMs initiated from MUC?

We’ve been successfully using the Monitoring plugin (1.1.1, I believe) for quite some time, but a recent incident has brought a bug to our attention.

It seems that private messages started via MUC (i.e., double-click on a name in the user list while participating in a MUC) are not logged by the Monitoring plugin. It appears these kind of messages may be sent completely out-of-band, and logging cannot be enabled for them without modifying the core of the Openfire server code.

Am I missing a simple option, or does anyone know of an alternate logging plugin (already planning to test Openarchive on our dev server tomorrow morning) that will supply this feature?

Configuration:

Openfire 3.5.2 running on Ubuntu 8.04.1LTS

Monitoring plugin 1.1.1

MySQL database

–paul

Client software for the issue that we observed (and that “sparked” this bug report) is Spark 3.5.8, but I believe this is a bug with either the Openfire server itself or the monitoring plugin.

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, it is a known issue.

daryl

Well, that’s unfortunate. Good thing we’re not looking for HIPAA compliance

We’ve got some developers on staff, and will almost certainly start working on a way to either log or disable those kind of messages. Once we’ve got it working, I’ll see about submitting a patch.

–paul