monitoring plugin 1.1.1

2.6.36-gentoo-r5

xjavac-20041208-r5

xerces-2.9.1

ant-contrib-1.0_beta2-r2

jre-1,6,0

icedtea6-bin-1.9.7

Hello,

i can’t seem to get the monitoring plugin to start. I’ve deleted the monitoring plugin and it’s directory from /opt/openfire, and verified that the tables are in the database.

I moved this system over from another Pc last year and have not been able to get the achives to show up in my openfire interface.

In my error logs i see:

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
2011.02.21 15:32:54 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:507)] Error loading plugin: /opt/openfire/plugins/monitoring
org.picocontainer.PicoLifecycleException: PicoLifecycleException: method ‘public abstract void org.picocontainer.Startable.start()’, instance 'org.jivesoftware.openfire.archive.ArchiveIndexer@1fe4801d, null

Might this be a package version problem somewhere? I’ m not sure where to begin as i don’t know java.

if more errors are needed i’ll gladly post them, but i figured the first one was the culprit.

Thanks.

In the last post here http://community.igniterealtime.org/thread/42439 one says to delete /monitoring folder

Thank you wroot. I read that thread and tried those steps as i stated above: “I’ve deleted the monitoring plugin and it’s directory from /opt/openfire, and verified that the tables are in the database.”

i don’t know what method public abstract picocontaner.PicoLifecycleExeption is but i have installed picocontainer 1.1-r1 and the error persits.

More ideas are welcome and i’ll keep searching in the mean time.