powered by Jive Software

Most plugin repositories now contain the full Openfire history

I saw, that the Openfire plugins have been moved to their own repository.

However, most of them have the full Openfire history in the commits, so about > 5600 commits.

Some other seem to be ported correctly, they only have few commits which concern the actual plugin, like the openfire-inverse-plugin or the openfire-userStatus-plugin .

This doesn’t seem right to me, because we now have many huge repositories which contain the full Openfire history.

Is somebody aware of this issue and will fix it?

Pushing Openfire over the Maven Finish Line

I noticed it, but have not allocated the time to see about fixing it. I am unsure if @guus had issues in this area or not.

This was not intentional.

CSH, do you know a way to fix that?

Is this a good approach? It uses https://rtyley.github.io/bfg-repo-cleaner/

$ java -jar bfg-1.13.0.jar -D '*' .
$ git reflog expire --expire=now --all && git gc --prune=now --aggressive

The thought here is to remove everything that’s not protected by a presence in the current HEAD.

Unfortunately I am too unexperienced with such advanced Git topics.

I know, you can “filter-branch” a repository and remove undesired commits, but I don’t know how to apply it here.

Why doesn’t it affect all repositories? Seems like some of them were created with other commands?

Most repositories were created by the same script - so I’d expect the majority of the repositories to be identical. There are some plugins that never were part of the Openfire source project - those might be different.