Most plugin repositories now contain the full Openfire history

I saw, that the Openfire plugins have been moved to their own repository.

However, most of them have the full Openfire history in the commits, so about > 5600 commits.

Some other seem to be ported correctly, they only have few commits which concern the actual plugin, like the openfire-inverse-plugin or the openfire-userStatus-plugin .

This doesn’t seem right to me, because we now have many huge repositories which contain the full Openfire history.

Is somebody aware of this issue and will fix it?

I noticed it, but have not allocated the time to see about fixing it. I am unsure if @guus had issues in this area or not.

This was not intentional.

CSH, do you know a way to fix that?

Is this a good approach? It uses https://rtyley.github.io/bfg-repo-cleaner/

$ java -jar bfg-1.13.0.jar -D '*' .
$ git reflog expire --expire=now --all && git gc --prune=now --aggressive

The thought here is to remove everything that’s not protected by a presence in the current HEAD.

Unfortunately I am too unexperienced with such advanced Git topics.

I know, you can “filter-branch” a repository and remove undesired commits, but I don’t know how to apply it here.

Why doesn’t it affect all repositories? Seems like some of them were created with other commands?

Most repositories were created by the same script - so I’d expect the majority of the repositories to be identical. There are some plugins that never were part of the Openfire source project - those might be different.

@CSH please see Cleaning up the git history with many Openfire plugins