MS SQL 2000 Connection Issies at Install

I am in the process of installing Jive and am at the Database Settings portion of the setup configuration.

I have installed all of the necessary JDBC drivers on both my MS SQL 2000 server and on the hosting server for Jive Messanger. I was able to correctly run the set up SQL script to create the default tables in SQL. I am able to properly connect to the SQL server with ODBC on both the SQL server and the Messanger Server. (Also windows server 2000)

However, I am getting the following error in the admin setup screen.

A connection to the database could not be made. View the error message by opening the “\logs\error.log” log file, then go back to fix the problem.

Inspection of the error.log file gives a generic error that I do not have experience in debugging. (a truncated copy of the error follows.) Searching the archives and posts here resulted in only 3 posts and the one solution doesn’'t pertain to my installation as I cannot reinstall or re setup my pre existing server.

I am running the current build (2.3.0) of Jive for windows. Both servers are at service pack 4.

Any thoughts???

Thanks Bunches!

John

at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:366)

at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)

2005.11.29 11:19:09 [org.jivesoftware.database.DefaultConnectionProvider.getConnection(DefaultConne ctionProvider.java:68)

] Warning: DbConnectionDefaultPool.getConnection() was called before the internal pool has been initialized.

2005.11.29 11:19:09 [org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManage r.java:107)

] WARNING: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection.

What does your connection URL look like?

SQL database name: jive

SQL server is on: 192.168.250.4, Port: 2026

Therefore I am using:

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://192.168.250.4:2026/jive

-John

RESOLVED. Thanks to Caleb for pointing me in the right direction.

It would appear that the suggested URL in the setup that I follwed blindly wasn’'t entirely true for my installation.

It suggested:

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://192.168.250.4:2026/jive

The correct URL should have been:

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://192.168.250.4:2026

Ooops!

I guess I should have worn my glasses today.

sir

i have the same problem…now

can u help me out

iam online in vathanasegaran@gmail.com

please sir

regards

Vathan