MS SQL Server Custom Database integration problem

Hi,

I’'m just getting started with WildFire.

I am trying to integrate my existing database by editing the wildfire.xml file but after i spent hours of tweaking all the settings i’'m still not able to get it working, the error message i keep getting is:

2006.12.09 21:25:15 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.JDBCAuthProvider.getPasswordValue(JDBCAuthProvi der.java:208)

] Exception in JDBCAuthProvider

java.sql.SQLException: The url cannot be null

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.JDBCAuthProvider.getPasswordValue(JDBCAuthProvid er.java:194)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.JDBCAuthProvider.authenticate(JDBCAuthProvider.j ava:104)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.AuthFactory.authenticate(AuthFactory.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.doPlainAuthentication(SASLAuth entication.java:339)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.handle(SASLAuthentication.java :175)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReadingMode.authenticateClient(SocketReadin gMode.java:117)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:136)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 62)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:123)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have tried searching this forum for JDBCAuthProvider but all problems and solutions found were slightly different from mine.

Here’'s my wildfire.xml config:

The connectionstring used i found on http://jtds.sourceforge.net/ so i’‘m assming that’'s correct.

Am i missing something here? what else could be wrong?

Thanks.

p.s. when i use the standard wildfire database on the same server all works fine!

Hi,

for me it seems that the connectionProvider uses the same database as the jdbcProvider. This should work but for me it looks like you didn’'t specify a port (default 1433) which may be necessary.

But the main problem seems to be the case sensitive <connection****

S

tring>…</connection****
S

tring>.

LG

Hi LG,

That did it!

Thank you very much.