MS SQL Server not working properly

I’'ve had some trouble getting Jive to work with SQL Server.

To start with, the SQL template for SQL Server causes 2 warnings when executing the script.

“Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index ‘‘mucAffiliation__pk’’ has maximum length of 2052 bytes. For some combinations of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.”

This also happens on mucMember__pk

When a user tries to invite another user, the invited user doesn’'t receive the invitation.

I have tried reducing the specified length of the script from:

jid NVARCHAR(1024) NOT NULL

to

jid NVARCHAR(200) NOT NULL

Everything seems to work fine when using the HSQLDB database.++

Hey Chris,

So if you use HSQL the invitation is sent but not if you MS SQL… Is that correct? Could you check for any error in the log files?

Thanks,

– Gato

You are correct that the invitation is not being sent. Unfortunately I have erased the logs from yesterday. Now running HSQLDB. I have found the same issue on SQL Server 7 and SQL Server 2000.

Message was edited by:

chierchio

Hey Chris,

I will try to reproduce the problem with MS SQL server. Meanwhile, if you are able to reproduce the problem again, could you post the error log?

Thanks,

– Gato

Hey Chris,

I modified the database creation script to use a field size of 424 in the mucMember and mucAffiliation tables. I then created the database and installed Messenger. I ran all our test cases which includes MUC invitations and everything went fine. I even tried using an Exodus client to invite another Exodus client and it also worked.

Let me know if you are still having this problem and if you are having any errors in the logs.

Thanks,

– Gato