MSN 1.0b5a - Web users

Hi,

Just a quick q…

When other users come onto MSN via there web messenger the status is unreliable - or seems to be!

Also, had problems messaging them - i.e. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’'t.

Not sure what the problem is - nothing in the logs says oops. is it something thats not supported yet? anyone else had similar probs?

Cheers

Ian

I’‘m not 100% sure which direction you are saying is unreliable. Are you saying that you (via the plugin) can not see folk who are logged in via MSN’‘s web messenger or they can’'t see you?

Also, had problems messaging them - i.e. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’'t.

Hrm. I’'ve had a lot of problems with the web messenger in the past. Never really got it to work right. Kept having the same issues you are saying here. However that was a while ago.

ibradshaw wrote:
Not sure what the problem is - nothing in the logs says oops. is it something thats not supported yet? anyone else had similar probs?

Hi,

Just a quick q…

When other users come onto MSN via there web messenger the status is unreliable - or seems to be!

Hi,

Seems to be both ways. Usually spark picks up the fact the msn user is there, but no status is shown (i.e. just a name, no red / yellow / green) and messages seem to be dropped at random in either direction.

Tried this when on the phone to them at the same time so we knew we were both sending messages (sad I know)…

It’'s certainly not megga important, really was just wondering if anyone else had had the same prob and if there was an easy fix.

Cheers

Ian

Hrm. I wonder what that “means” in Spark land. =D Are you using Spark 2.0.6?

ibradshaw wrote:

Tried this when on the phone to them at the same time so we knew we were both sending messages (sad I know)…

It’'s certainly not megga important, really was just wondering if anyone else had had the same prob and if there was an easy fix.

Cheers

Ian

Hi,

Seems to be both ways. Usually spark picks up the fact the msn user is there, but no status is shown (i.e. just a name, no red / yellow / green) and messages seem to be dropped at random in either direction.