MSN java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi

I have just installed the new gateway 1.0 Beta 2. It’'s very nice

My MSN account work perfectly with the msn transporter but one of my friends MSN account gives a java.lang.NullPointerException when loading the contact list and the gaim client never get any contacts from MSN. Actually it seems like that MSN allows the field to be ‘‘null’’:

==> /opt/wildfire/logs/debug.log <==

2006.09.22 11:41:31 Got contact MsnContact: 72d0da8c-a328-40c8-980d-cb39f2c3a668 ahj@cirque.dk Alan Hebo Alan Hebo IDLE 11

2006.09.22 11:41:31 Got contact MsnContact: 52d4ec8a-9efd-412f-a6a6-cfec8f0e72d8 hans.jakobsen@cirque.tv Hans Hans ONLINE 11

2006.09.22 11:41:31 Got contact MsnContact: 0d6d8f81-fcba-4e08-898e-dccc28fca580 null tel: 454540727877 tel: 454540727877 OFFLINE 3

==> /opt/wildfire/logs/stderror.log <==

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.msn.MSNSession.storeFriend(MSNSessi on.java:129)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.msn.MSNListener.contactListInitComp leted(MSNListener.java:111)

at net.sf.jml.impl.AbstractMessenger.fireContactListInitCompleted(AbstractMessenge r.java:230)

at net.sf.jml.protocol.outgoing.OutgoingPNG.receivedResponse(OutgoingPNG.java:63)

at net.sf.jml.protocol.MsnSession$1.messageReceived(MsnSession.java:112)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession$6.doRun(AbstractSession.java:341)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession$DispatchObject.run(AbstractSession.java:395)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleDispatcher.dispatch(SimpleDispatcher.java:35)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession.dispatch(AbstractSession.java:249)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession.dispatchMessageReceived(AbstractSession.java: 335)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.StreamChannelSession.recognizeMessageAndDispatch(StreamChanne lSession.java:77)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.StreamChannelSession.readFromChannel(StreamChannelSession.jav a:53)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.ChannelSession.onReadable(ChannelSession.java:212)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.ChannelSession.onEvent(ChannelSession.java:134)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SocketSession.onEvent(SocketSession.java:119)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator.processKey(SimpleEventGenerator.java:212 )

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator.run(SimpleEventGenerator.java:192)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator.access$000(SimpleEventGenerator.java:54)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator$1.run(SimpleEventGenerator.java:115)

I deleted the contact with = null and now the client can get the contact list and things look fine from a gaim client on linux except that it still gives a java.lang.NullPointerException:

(I also have a tcpdump from this failure if needed?)

==> /opt/wildfire/logs/debug.log <==

FLINE 4

2006.09.22 11:51:04 Got contact MsnContact: web2dk@hotmail.com web2dk@hotmail.com web2dk@hotmail.com web2dk@hotmail.com OFFLINE 4

2006.09.22 11:51:04 Got contact MsnContact: bl@cirque.dk bl@cirque.dk bl@cirque.dk bl@cirque.dk OFFLINE 12

==> /opt/wildfire/logs/stderror.log <==

java.lang.NullPointerException

at net.sf.jml.protocol.incoming.IncomingLST.messageReceived(IncomingLST.java:121)

at net.sf.jml.protocol.MsnSession$1.messageReceived(MsnSession.java:105)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession$6.doRun(AbstractSession.java:341)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession$DispatchObject.run(AbstractSession.java:395)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleDispatcher.dispatch(SimpleDispatcher.java:35)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession.dispatch(AbstractSession.java:249)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession.dispatchMessageReceived(AbstractSession.java: 335)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.StreamChannelSession.recognizeMessageAndDispatch(StreamChanne lSession.java:77)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.StreamChannelSession.readFromChannel(StreamChannelSession.jav a:53)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.ChannelSession.onReadable(ChannelSession.java:212)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.ChannelSession.onEvent(ChannelSession.java:134)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SocketSession.onEvent(SocketSession.java:119)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator.processKey(SimpleEventGenerator.java:212 )

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator.run(SimpleEventGenerator.java:192)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator.access$000(SimpleEventGenerator.java:54)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator$1.run(SimpleEventGenerator.java:115)

What the… That’‘s bizarre! It looks like maybe there is some MSN service I’‘m not aware of that lets you put only a phone number in??? I don’'t know. Either way, thanks! GATE-61

I think this MSN account has been used with the VOIP version of MSN.

• Martin

Interesting! Well I’'ll keep that in mind for the next version and make sure it ignores VOIP entries.