MSN Transport Error Pop Up''s Continue

Hello again Spark Users / Developers:

Looks like on at least one of our test machines, the transport error messages are still popping up. This is the latest one:

MSN Transport: Unknown message from MSN: unknown message: NOT 502

In this scenario, the client was upgraded using the “Help > Check for Updates” option in the Spark client. The update program stopped / restarted the client, and I’'ve verified that 2.0.7 was installed by clicking “Help > About”.

Could this be happening for the other transports as well? I don’'t have AOL/ICQ/Yahoo! accounts to check but it seams plausible. Please let me know if anyone has any information on this strange pop-up message.

-AJO

aoldaker wrote:

Hello again Spark Users / Developers:

Looks like on at least one of our test machines, the transport error messages are still popping up. This is the latest one:

MSN Transport: Unknown message from MSN: unknown message: NOT 502

In this scenario, the client was upgraded using the “Help > Check for Updates” option in the Spark client. The update program stopped / restarted the client, and I’'ve verified that 2.0.7 was installed by clicking “Help > About”.

Could this be happening for the other transports as well? I don’'t have AOL/ICQ/Yahoo! accounts to check but it seams plausible. Please let me know if anyone has any information on this strange pop-up message.

While I don’‘t see a problem with adding functionality to “fix this” in Spark, theoretically I should be shutting these up from the plugin itself. =) That said, I wonder why you are seeing so many of these? Anyway. I’'ve commented out the part of the IM Gateway plugin code that generates those messages back to the end user. (logging them to debug logs instead now) Will be in 1.0 Beta 6.

Hi again everyone:

While in a conversation with an MSN client using over our Spark / Wildfire system, I encountered another strange Toast Popup coming from the MSN transport:

MSN Transport: Unknown error from MSN: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Again, this may be resolved with the patch being implemented for the Wildfire Transport Plugin, v1.0 Beta 6 but I wanted to pass this one along as well in the event it helps you guys troubleshoot, where needed.

Thanks.

-AJO

aoldaker wrote:

Hi again everyone:

While in a conversation with an MSN client using over our Spark / Wildfire system, I encountered another strange Toast Popup coming from the MSN transport:

MSN Transport: Unknown error from MSN: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Again, this may be resolved with the patch being implemented for the Wildfire Transport Plugin, v1.0 Beta 6 but I wanted to pass this one along as well in the event it helps you guys troubleshoot, where needed.

Thanks.

-AJO

That one will indeed be silenced by the patches to the plugin. =) Thanks!

Daniel

After upgrade to the Beta 6 version of the “IM Gateway Plugin” this issue has been corrected.

We have deployed this to 20+ users over the last two weeks with zero complaints.