MSN user goes offline immediately after logging in

I’m busy testing IM gateway 1.1 with Openfire 3.3.1. I’ve registered with a few MSN accounts, all seem fine except one. When I log in with this account, I go offline immediately afterwards.

There are no exceptions in warn.log or error.log. Jadestorm, I’m preprared to give the username/password for this account in a PM if you like, since as I say, it’s just a test account with no contacts right now.

Thanks a lot.

Just to add a few things:

I get this exception a few minutes later:

2007.08.18 12:30:06 org.jivesoftware.openfire.event.SessionEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(SessionEven tDispatcher.java:83)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.session.TransportSessionManager.removeSession (TransportSessionManager.java:166)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.sessionDestroyed(BaseTransport. java:2066)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.event.SessionEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(SessionEve ntDispatcher.java:66)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionManager.removeSession(SessionManager.java:1520 )

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionManager$ClientSessionListener.onConnectionClos e(SessionManager.java:1596)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.NIOConnection.notifyCloseListeners(NIOConnection. java:169)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.NIOConnection.close(NIOConnection.java:152)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.sessionClosed(ConnectionHandler .java:86)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.sessionClosed(A bstractIoFilterChain.java:677)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextSessionClosed(Abst ractIoFilterChain.java:321)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$800(AbstractIoFilte rChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.sessionClosed( AbstractIoFilterChain.java:781)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.sessionClosed(ProtocolCodecFil ter.java:299)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextSessionClosed(Abst ractIoFilterChain.java:321)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$800(AbstractIoFilte rChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.sessionClosed( AbstractIoFilterChain.java:781)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :286)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:326)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I’m also aware this is a similar issue to:

However this is only happening to me with one user, and the user goess offline IMMEDIATELY after logging in.

chuckle Maybe I need to put out 1.1.1 soon to at least get rid of that error. A lot of folk are reporting it but it’s not really meaning anything. =( I’ve fixed it in trunk but I think it’s causing a lot of confusion. Anyway! If I could borrow your account that’s logging off immediately after login, I’d love to test it and see what might be going on!